Bacon Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ c. ranch dressing
- ½ c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives
- flour tortillas 6 small or 3 large
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Spread in a generous layer over tortillas.
- Roll tortillas tightly and slice into 1 inch pieces.
1. The Arby’s beef ‘N Cheddar classic has half the calories as the Roast Turkey ranch and bacon sandwich. Who would have known it. I would have thought the reverse.
If you are counting calories well here is a comparison list for some of these fast foods.
Sugared raised doughnut and iced latte 300 calories
Sesame seed bagel with plain cream cheese 500 calories
Cobb salad with avocado lime ranch dressing – 740 calories
Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich 440 calories.
Rib Eye and baked potato with butter and sour cream – 1,110 calories
Asiago peppercorn Sirloin biscuit and broccoli 525 Calories.
2. Houtou Wan Village is located on Gouqi Island, which belongs to a group of 394 islands known as the Shengsi Islands in the Zhoushan Archipelago.
Once a thriving settlement merely half a century ago, Houtou Wan Village was gradually deserted when the small bay could no longer meet the needs of the increasing number of fishing boats.
Nature has reclaimed the land, turning the village into a hauntingly beautiful wonderland devoid of human presence except for wandering tourists and a handful of elderly residents who refuse to leave their birthplace.
Above photo credit: Jane Qing
3. The human body knows within seconds whether someone is physically attractive or not.
Body language will give you the tools to know where you stand.
Source – Science of people
4. Wombats have cubed shaped poop. They’re all native to Australia and some of the surrounding islands. Wombats are marsupials. Like koalas, female wombats have pouches that face to the rear of their bodies, in which they carry and nurse their young. Wombats leave their cube-shaped poop as territorial signposts on the tops of rocks and logs. It is a natural ways of marking territory to prevent confrontation and promote mating.
5. Cremated ashes can now be converted into a vinyl record.
Thanks to a company called Vinyly.
That includes 12 minutes of audio per side that can include final words and memories, licensed music.
Jackets can include portraits.
This looks yummy. Think I am going to try it tonight for dinner.
What You’ll Need:
2 Baking Potatoes
1 cup cheddar, grated
1/4 cup crispy Bacon +
chives, finely chopped
How You Make It:
Cut the (very) top and bottom off the potato. Stand it on one end, then cut a triangle out of the top of the cut potato to reveal a little well. Cut wedges in the potato without cutting all the way through. Cover in oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 1 hr at 370 fahrenheit.
Load with cheese and pop back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Dress with bacon, ranch and chives.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1.Start with your chips. Like I said – the original idea was to use Poore Brothers Parmesan Garlic potato chips, but these Cheddar & Sour Cream chips had an excellent flavor too!
2. For 2 servings, crush 3 cups potato chips in a bag with a rolling pin or your hands, or use a food processor. Place the crumbs into a shallow dish or bowl.
3. Next, pat dry 2 chicken breasts then season lightly on both sides with salt & pepper. Most chips have a lot of salt on them already, but you’ll miss the flavor if you skip this step.
4. Cut the chicken into 4 or 5 strips. You could also use chicken tenders for this!
5. Layout the chicken and chip crumbs next to a shallow dish with 1 egg whisked with 1 Tablespoon milk (could use water) and a nonstick-sprayed, foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Dunk the chicken into the egg mixture then roll in the chip crumbs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping once, and you’re done! Easy.
7. I think a dunkable dip is a must for chicken fingers, and a honey mustard sauce sounded like it’d be really yummy with the cheddar & sour cream flavor of the chips.
8. All I did was stir together 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard, 1-1/2 Tablespoons dijon mustard and 2 Tablespoons honey until smooth.
Source: Iowa Girl Eats
Bacon beer can burgers:
Definitely not for Vegans. But looks yummy to me. A few calories but probably means an extra day at the gym or run an extra 5 miles
Burgers wrapped in bacon, stuffed with sauteed green peppers, onions, jalapeños, garlic, and then top with cheddar and pepper jack cheeses.