1. 24% Is the percentage by which purchases of empty calorie desserts, such as cakes, pastries, and doughnuts, dropped between 2005 and 2012 according to a US study
2. According to the Journal Positive Psychology ’11’ is the average number of weeks it takes for someone to get over a break-up.
3. According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, When you lose weight 84% of the fat lost turns into carbon dioxide and leaves the body through the lungs. The remaining 16% becomes water and leaves the body through sweat, tears and urine
4. Research shows that when a woman is most fertile her voice alters subtly and the change is enough to let a guy know its a great time for you to reproduce.
Its all down to hormonal changes that accompany a woman’s menstrual cycle. Research at James Madison University in the US involved study participants listening to recordings of women’s voices. It revealed an increase of 20% in electrical activity in participants skin and a 5 percent increase in heart rate, when a woman was at peak fertility. The changes took place within five seconds of hearing her voice, long before the listener was aware of it.
5. Danish scientists have discovered that those with blue eyes have just one ancestor. Apparently a genetic mutation took place somewhere between 6000 and 10,000 years ago that led to the existence of every blue eyed person walking on the planet today.
“Originally we all had brown eyes” University of Copenhagen professor Hans Eiberg says. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a ‘switch’ which literally turned off the ability to produce brown eyes”. The switch reduced melanin production in the iris, and DNA testing shows this happened at the same point for everyone with blue eyes, while people with brown or green eyes show a lot more variation in that part of their DNA
As you can see they certainly ‘stick it’ to the Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard over, overtaxing the population in Australia for any form of pollution, the so-called ‘Earths carbon emissions’ and the expense of Wind and Solar power. The Australians get basically get taxed for breathing – well almost. Take heed America, look at what you are in for.
French was the official language of England for about 300 years, from 1066 till 1362
The oldest rose in the world has flourished for over 1,000 years on the wall of Hildesheim cathedral in Germany
The amount of carbon in the human body is enough to fill about 9,000 lead pencils.
The story of Cinderella first appears in a Chinese book written between 850 and 860 A.D.
Orangutan females give birth only about once every 8 years, the longest time between births of any mammal on earth. Orangutans share almost 97 percent of the human DNA
Piano was invented in 1698 by an Italian, Bartolomeo Cristofori. There are over 12,000 parts in a piano, 10,000 which are moving.