Tag Archives: calories
As soon as this ice rain disappears I am going to get some smoked salmon and try this. It looks so yummy and healthy to say the least. Not too many calories either I would say.
Dôme Dome! Smoked Salmon, Avocado & egg flowing: the perfect combo
1. The Arby’s beef ‘N Cheddar classic has half the calories as the Roast Turkey ranch and bacon sandwich. Who would have known it. I would have thought the reverse.
If you are counting calories well here is a comparison list for some of these fast foods.
Sugared raised doughnut and iced latte 300 calories
Sesame seed bagel with plain cream cheese 500 calories
Cobb salad with avocado lime ranch dressing – 740 calories
Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich 440 calories.
Rib Eye and baked potato with butter and sour cream – 1,110 calories
Asiago peppercorn Sirloin biscuit and broccoli 525 Calories.
2. Houtou Wan Village is located on Gouqi Island, which belongs to a group of 394 islands known as the Shengsi Islands in the Zhoushan Archipelago.
Once a thriving settlement merely half a century ago, Houtou Wan Village was gradually deserted when the small bay could no longer meet the needs of the increasing number of fishing boats.
Nature has reclaimed the land, turning the village into a hauntingly beautiful wonderland devoid of human presence except for wandering tourists and a handful of elderly residents who refuse to leave their birthplace.
Above photo credit: Jane Qing
3. The human body knows within seconds whether someone is physically attractive or not.
Body language will give you the tools to know where you stand.
Source – Science of people
4. Wombats have cubed shaped poop. They’re all native to Australia and some of the surrounding islands. Wombats are marsupials. Like koalas, female wombats have pouches that face to the rear of their bodies, in which they carry and nurse their young. Wombats leave their cube-shaped poop as territorial signposts on the tops of rocks and logs. It is a natural ways of marking territory to prevent confrontation and promote mating.
5. Cremated ashes can now be converted into a vinyl record.
Thanks to a company called Vinyly.
That includes 12 minutes of audio per side that can include final words and memories, licensed music.
Jackets can include portraits.
Who cares it looks yummy to me and so I can’t eat for a week to rid the calories. I love baked potato’s.
If This is true then I should be drinking more. Maybe I am not drinking enough.
According to a new Study by scientists from Washington State University and Harvard this is true. Apparently the chemical resveratrol works to stop fat cells from gaining even more fat. According to these brilliant people 2 glasses which is equal to about half a bottle – a day can help beat obesity by 70%.
Who am I to argue.
The wine calories helps you keep full so that you are less likely to reach out for those fattening after dinner snacks. Might be cause you have passed out on the couch.
Now the amazing thing is they are not the only ones saying this. The University of Denmark have found that those who drink wine every day (Me) had slimmer waistlines than those who didn’t.
I wonder if I drink more my waist line will get even slimmer. Need to put it to the test.
- Global Warming – Hmmmm maybe not – Did you know that NASA reported today that the amount of ice in the Antartica is growing. (Varney – Fox news)
The new Antarctic sea ice record reflects the diversity and complexity of Earth’s environments, said NASA researchers. Claire Parkinson, a senior scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, has referred to changes in sea ice coverage as a microcosm of global climate change. Just as the temperatures in some regions of the planet are colder than average, even in our warming world, Antarctic sea ice has been increasing and bucking the overall trend of ice loss.
“The planet as a whole is doing what was expected in terms of warming. Sea ice as a whole is decreasing as expected, but just like with global warming, not every location with sea ice will have a downward trend in ice extent,” Parkinson said.
2. During President Barack Obama’s first term, the federal government accumulated more debt than it did under the prior 42 U.S presidents combined. – Just saying.
More than 63,300 manufacturing facilities in the United States have been permanently shut down since 2001.
3. Study in Philadelphia USA, shows that 3/4 of the children by the age of 4 have been given their own tablet, smartphone or iPod.
High percentage use it to send the children to sleep.
As A Baby Boomer that seems shocking to me.
6. A study measuring the effects of music found that cows produce more milk when listening to soothing music. They produce the most when listening to R.E.M’s “Everybody Hurts.”
7. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart.