This is a very interesting subject. Other than drinking health beneficial water like Kangen water, The food we consume is essential to a healthy life and a healthy gut. The two go hand in hand.
Tag Archives: boost
1. Researchers from South Australia’s Flinders University analized data of 68,000 people in 64 countries and found that taking an extra 3500 steps and spending an addition 45 minutes on the move each day resulted in weight loss of about 1.5kgs. This program needs to be done for 100 days to see the result. Not so bad eh?
2. Starting a Journal – To be calmer, more organized and reach your goals then start Journaling. According to researchers it will help you with all these aims in life. Just jot down 5 things to be grateful for each day, keep jotting down the goals you want to reach and read them each night before sleep. It has been proven that it will help with better sleeping and calmer approach to life.
3. To know your heart rate when exercising can help find the so called ‘Sweet Spot’ for your health benefit. The target is 50-70 percent of your maximum heart rate which is usually 220 beats per minute minus your age. The Cleveland Clinic in the USA says a fitness tracker is a good option to monitor this.
4. Eating Chocolate quite frequently can boost your visual-spatial memory, working memory and abstract reasoning among other mental benefits. This I read in the Australian Courier Mail newspaper and it sounds good to me. They did not say where the information came from so just eat away.
5. Research has shown that men who took Ginkgo Biloba, 76% reported an increase in their sexual function and erections.
6. 59% of people who say others become more attractive when they play songs they love. Source – The Music makes it home study
I think we all get a little concerned about our memory at times. I have heard it many times where someone is complaining because they cannot remember names, always loosing their keys, go to get something and cannot remember what it is and then have to retrace their steps so they can remember what it was. Does that sound like you? I know it sounds like me.
Just read an article yesterday and good news is that you are able to improve your memory and decrease your chances of getting dementia by some simple changes to your lifestyle.
1. Loving your heart
Anything that protects your heart from stress and damage will reduce your risk of dementia. Loose weight, get that blood pressure lower and improve your glucose and lipid control.
Those who remain fit and active retain their cognitive faculties longer. You can be very intelligent and bright but if you do not exercise the chances of you getting memory problems increase.
3. Eating well
Your diet influences your risk of cognitive decline and dementia. Foods naturally high in anti-oxidants may improve cognitive function.
4. Keeping your mind active
The saying goes if you don’t use it, you lose it. Mental activity together with exercise maintains your mental alertness. Social isolation can lead to stress, depression and mental decline. Join a club or society and stay socially active.