Perfect barbecued Asparagus – When barbecuing asparagus, thread a wooden satay stir (soaked in water first) through the top and bottom of several pieces at a time, they are much easier to turn and won’t disappear through the gaps in the grill.
2. Dip your toes for a better sleep This I am not sure I would do but if it helps with sleep I am all for it – If you find it hard to sleep in the hot, humid weather especially if there is no air-conditioning, a bowl of iced water by the bed and cold your feet in it when you are wakeful as it helps regulate the whole body temperature.
3. Prevent a clogged sealant cartridge – After using a sealant cartridge plug the nozzle with blue tac and it will prevent drying out and clogging.
4. Prevent garden mould – To control sooty mould on gardenia and citrus, vigorously shake 250 ml vegetable oil and 60 ml dishwashing detergent in a screw top jar until white then use 2 tablespoons of the emulsion in a liter of water to spray your plants thoroughly. Good for pumpkin and cucumber plants I would say to stop that mould establishing itself.
5. Recycle the scoop – Recycle the plastic scoops that come in the laundry powder. This is great a measure to use in dry goods and dry pet food. Make sure you wash it well first though and leave it in the sun a while so it looses its perfume.
6. fashion tip – To remove gum from your clothes, cool the gum using an ice-cube then flick it off with a butter knife.
Source – The Australian Womans weekly.
- It is still a hanging offense in Texas to steal cattle or to put graffiti on someone else’s cow. It is also illegal to indecently expose or swear in front of a corpse in Texas. In Galveston, Texas, it is illegal to have a camel run loose on the beach.
Source Fact Retriever
2. Genetic research shows that the Shar-Pei is the one of the most ancient breeds that exists and is one of the very first breeds to split from dogs’ wolf ancestors. Its closest relatives are the Shiba Inu, Akita, and Chow Chow.
3. Just inhaling coffee may reverse the effects that stress and sleep deprivation have on your body.
Drink coffee to send a wake-up call to the brain? Or just smell its rich, warm aroma? An international group of scientists is reporting some of the first evidence that simply inhaling coffee aroma alters the activity of genes in the brain according to Sciencedaily.com
4. Cholesterol is important for an embryo’s healthy development. Nearly 1 in 9,000 babies is born with a birth defect linked to the fetus’ failure to make the cholesterol it needs
5. If a man can’t decide what to wear on a date, he might want to wear blue. Studies show that women are attracted to men in blue.
6. Drinking water first thing in the morning helps fuel your brain. Drinking water first thing in the morning can help you fight sicknesses. Drinking water first thing in the morning jump-starts your metabolism.
People everywhere are discovering the life-changing power of Kangen Water®
Make your own healthy, alkaline, antioxidant drinking water that’s rich in minerals and purged of impurities, right in your own home!
Change Your Water – Change Your Life
Enagic® International Distributor
(281) 918-9687 or go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
- Growing plants at your desk could boost productivity by 15 percent according to researchers at the University of Queensland. Greenery also improves levels of happiness and a feeling of consecutiveness
2. Watching cute video’s of baby animals like kittens during working hours boosts concentration and productivity by up to 44 percent according to researchers of Hiroshima University in Japan. Hey you might even get a raise.
3. Color your world. Decorate your office surroundings with color such as red which can increase your attention to detail. Blue – well that can spark creativity. This is a study done by the University of British Columbia in Canada.
4. Walking – Billionaire Richard Branson a person whom I admire is known for his walking meetings. Research done by the Stanford University in the US shows that a leisurely stroll can boost your creativity by about 60%.
5. The Kind of music listen to – A Study from Fu Jen Catholic University in Taiwan discovered music with lyrics can reduce a person’s ability to focus. The research from Canada’s University of Windsor found that background the background music can assist with repetitive tasks in particular.
- This information about Slavery, Republicans and Democrats
2. No two dog noses are the same. A dog’s nose is the equivalent of a human fingerprint, with each having a unique pattern of ridges and creases.
3. The Eiffel tower actually grows in the heat of the summer. Due to the iron expanding, the tower grows about 6 inches every summer.
4. These 8 Books will help make you smarter according to a list from one of today’s most famous scientists/cosmic enthusiasts/ existential philosophers. Neil deGrasse Tyson
1. “The Prince” by Machiavelli
2. “The Art of War” by Sun Tzu
3. “The Wealth of Nations” by Adam Smith
4. “The Age of Reason” by Thomas Paine
5. “Gulliver’s Travels” by Johnathan Swift
6. “On the Origin of Species” by Charles Darwin
7. “A Treatise of the System of the World” by Sir Isaac Newton
8. The Bible
5. The bright dots you can see in your eyes are your own white blood cells. Go outside and stare at the bright sky for a while and, they’ll appear before your eyes! The tiny dots you see are actually white blood cells moving across your retina. There aren’t any blood vessels in the center of your field of vision, which is why you can’t ever look right at them. This is called the blue field entoptic phenomenon.
6. Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, “You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country’s National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!”
‘I say good for him for standing his ground, all other owners should take note and show the same strength of pride in the American flag in my opinion’.
You are All the colors of the Rainbow
Author:- Me his Mom
The yellow of the rainbow is the light of the sun
He was born with strength, a smile, his life just begun
The red of the rainbow is that of fire
He was born with determination and courage I admire
The blue of the rainbow is that so true
He was born loyal, impressive to those who knew
The green of the rainbow is natures beauty
He was born with the love of water, to enjoy is his duty
The many other colors of the rainbow to me is love
This kid is an honor, now a man of 43, who I respect, a gift from above
Happy birthday Jamin, you are special because I say-so
You make me proud because to me you are all the colors of the rainbow
1. 24% Is the percentage by which purchases of empty calorie desserts, such as cakes, pastries, and doughnuts, dropped between 2005 and 2012 according to a US study
2. According to the Journal Positive Psychology ’11’ is the average number of weeks it takes for someone to get over a break-up.
3. According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, When you lose weight 84% of the fat lost turns into carbon dioxide and leaves the body through the lungs. The remaining 16% becomes water and leaves the body through sweat, tears and urine
4. Research shows that when a woman is most fertile her voice alters subtly and the change is enough to let a guy know its a great time for you to reproduce.
Its all down to hormonal changes that accompany a woman’s menstrual cycle. Research at James Madison University in the US involved study participants listening to recordings of women’s voices. It revealed an increase of 20% in electrical activity in participants skin and a 5 percent increase in heart rate, when a woman was at peak fertility. The changes took place within five seconds of hearing her voice, long before the listener was aware of it.
5. Danish scientists have discovered that those with blue eyes have just one ancestor. Apparently a genetic mutation took place somewhere between 6000 and 10,000 years ago that led to the existence of every blue eyed person walking on the planet today.
“Originally we all had brown eyes” University of Copenhagen professor Hans Eiberg says. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a ‘switch’ which literally turned off the ability to produce brown eyes”. The switch reduced melanin production in the iris, and DNA testing shows this happened at the same point for everyone with blue eyes, while people with brown or green eyes show a lot more variation in that part of their DNA