- According to Georgia State University your blood pressure drops by 13% after having sex. This has the same effect as those achieved by common blood pressure medications possible because of the release the stress relieving hormone oxytocin.
2. According to Micheal Mosley a well-known nutritionist stomach ulcers are caused by bacteria. The investigation of the hypothesis that the bacteria, Helicobacter pylori and not stress caused ulcers. It was found that these ulcers were successfully treated with antibiotics. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin and ibuprofen can also cause ulcers if taken too often.
3. There is a travel company called Pack Up+ Go.
This company (in the US) books your flights and hotel for you but does not tell you where you are going.’ Surprise ‘ . It does a survey of you plus keeping your budget in mind and your liking. They then schedule a 3 day weekend trip keeping your destination a secret. The travel time is minimized and send you to a place you probably never thought of. I think it sounds exciting. I have done a similar thing here in Australia a few years ago called a ‘Mystery Tour’ which cost about $80 Australian and you turned up at the airport at a certain time and the airlines would fly you to a surprise place. Ours happen to be a day in Melbourne. It was so much fun.
4. That Easter falls on a different day every year as it is based on the moon phases. I 325CE Constantine led a council of Christian bishops who then decided that Easter must always be on a Sunday to honor the resurrection of Jesus. Thy also said it would follow but not land on the first full moon after the spring Equinox. The reason being the date can fall anywhere between March 22 and April 25
5. Russie Taylor and Wayne Allwine were the voices of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. In real life they fell in love and married in 1991 and stayed happily married until Waynes death in 2009.
I would say that this is just a guide.
1. Honey does not spoil. You could feasibly eat 3000 year old honey.
2. There are more possible iterations of a game of chess than there are atoms in the known universe.
Read more at
3. It would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood.
Read more at
4. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to earth.
Read more at
5. People decide whether you are smart, likable, extroverted, adventurous, successful, or trustworthy within just 3 seconds of meeting you.
I was reading this article today and for those of us that do a lot of reading on health matters we are very well aware that inflammation in the body is basically a death threat.
Dr. Dwight Lundell – who has been a heart surgeon for 25 years – his words – without inflammation being present in the body “there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.”
It appears that with bad health most practitioners will dish out medication in the hopes that it will fix the problem. It will not. Getting rid of inflammation from your body is the only way.
As Dr. Dwight Lundell says inflammation is quite simply your body’s natural defense to a foreign invader such as a bacteria, toxin or virus.
Here are 3 simple ways to fight inflammation as the good doctor recommends
- Watch what you eat and don’t eat foods that have labels with words you can’t even pronounce or foods that would be better suited for a Sci-fi movie than a human body. Foods in their natural form are not harmful to the human body.
- Watch what you drink. Many of our beverages-of-choice are acidic and the promote inflammation! Is that soda, sports drink or alcoholic beverage really worth the ultimate price you pay?
- Hydrate! The blood is 90% water and your body needs LOTS of water to fight inflammation. But not just any water will do. Water laced with chemicals out of the tap just worsens your state of inflammation as the body fights hard to process what it isn’t equipped to handle. On the other hand, most bottled waters not only have chemicals from the plastics but they are void of minerals that the body desperately needs. For inflammation (and lots of other reasons) you’ll want to drink Electrolyzed Reduced Water.
Now these are his words, but very much in keeping with what I believe and why I have the best Electrolyzed Water machine in the world that being the Enagic K8 Kangen Water machine.
Kangen water is pure clean Ionized water with a Ph level of alkaline water that will improve your health and help rid any inflammation in the body. Consequently help to improve your chances of getting obliterating cancer, cholesterol, and many other disease complications.
Dr Dwight Lundell is very controversial on this subject and been criticized by his profession but I believe it to be very close to the truth and maybe what drug companies do not want to hear. I think he has support about this all around the world.
- Can you believe it there is money Soap. For that price there is probably more one dollar bills in it than $50 bill but a fun gift. You can buy these on Amazon
2. According to Science, Curcumin Removes Fluoride From the Brain.- Fluoride is VERY capable of damaging your brain. Over three hundred studies have found that fluoride is literally a neurotoxin! Tumeric has been found to reduce the effects of neurotoxicity induced by fluoride. While we know curcumin is extremely beneficial it is even more so now. Source
3. This Happens to Your Stomach Fat When You Plank and these 6 Good Reasons Why You Should Do Plank Daily
4. A scientific study by the National Institute of Health, discovered: “The consumption of hydrogen rich water for 8 weeks resulted in a 39% increase in antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase and a 43% decrease in thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in urine. Further, subjects demonstrated an 8% increase in high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and a 13% decrease in total cholesterol/HDL cholesterol from baseline to 4 weeks.”
5. There is a rare type of blood that is shared by only 43 people in the entire world. ‘Rhnull’ blood does not contain any of the Rh antigens that 99.9% of humans have. It is often called ‘Golden Blood’ because it can be given to anyone who has a rare Rh blood type, but there are only 9 active donors, so it is only used in extreme circumstances.
1. These new developments in the aid of hearing – a.) a new device that will be powered by our phones called “Earlens”
“Earlens” uses a laserlike light signals to stimulate the eardrum directly and offers broad frequency fr those who haven’t had success with traditional hearing aids.
b.) Treatments to prevent “hidden Hear loss” a newly discovered condition in which people can pass a hearing test but don’t hear well in noisy environments.
c.) In five to ten years from now they are getting much closer to regenerating hearing with gene therapy. Using a harmless virus, they can deliver a gene to the inner ear in mice and guinea pigs and stimulate the hair cells to regrow and regenerate hearing. They are also testing the delivery of nerve growth factors to reconnect the inner ear cells to the synapse, which could reverse hearing loss
Source – Bradly Welling, MD chief of Otolaryngology Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and Massachusetts General Hospital
2. That the Human body is 70% – 75% water. Some studies show 70% of pre school children drink no water at all during the day. Some have a diminished thirst mechanism and mistake it for hunger, feeding their thirst with food.
Here is a chart of the recommended consumption of water according to your weight.
Source: Health and Wellness
3. Reasearch shows that the more grateful you are, the less anxious you tend to be.
Make a conscious effort to intentionally focus on things you are grateful or by writing them down – and the more specific you can be the better.
A pressure point for easing anxiety is Pericardium 6 – which is in the middle of the inside forearm, two and a half fingers with away from the wrist. Gently press and knead the area for two minutes, take some nice deep breaths and feel a sense of calm wash over you.
Source – Charmaine, Yabsley – Nature and Health magazine
4. It takes six months to build a Rolls Royce…and 13 hours to build a Toyota.
5. Your body is younger than you. No matter how old you are most of your body is less than 10 years old, because your cells are always recycling themselves. The epidermis recycles every 2-4 weeks, red blood cells are replaced every 4 months and your skeleton turns over every 10 years
I give blood every 12 weeks and have done for many years. Never have I wondered who can receive the blood till I saw this video. So now I know.