- Stress – 62% of workers think their social media use can cause stress and affect their performance. 1 in 5 workers experience stress after receiving a friend request from their boss. Spending time on social media can take time and energy away from work, and that can cause stress. I would have thought that solution would have been easy, don’t spend time on social media while at work
2. Viagra can make you color blind – This is not a worry for normal doses. Taking too much can affect the cones of the eyes that help you see color. One case as example is that a 31-year-old man saw re for nearly a year.
3. Over 53 drugs interact with Grapefruit juice – Grapefruit contains a chemical that can affect how medicines are absorbed. eg too much statins or too little antihistamines of what you need and can have harmful consequences.
4. Don’t follow-up your pills with mouth wash – some antibiotics can react negatively with alcohol which is an ingredient of mouth wash. Metronildazole given for dental infections, taken in conjunction with alcohol may cause stomach pains, nausea, headaches. flushing and sometimes vomiting.
5. Dont lie down for about an hour after taking tablets – It slows down the pill’s ability to reach the stomach.
Source – Body and Soul Australia
There is some really good stuff here. I think the power outlet is a must in every kitchen and the back pack and bike, a great idea if you like to hike, especially in mountainous terrain.
Traffic Signal with Hour glass timer
Solar Charging while Parking
No more Blind Spots (rear view mirror)
Wearable wireless mouse
Hidden Power Outlet
Unique umbrella design
Ruler with holes for precision
Eco friendly Toilet
Solar rocking chair
2. According to AARP 57% of American workers have less than $25,00 in retirement savings.
3. That Pope Emeriturs Benedict XV1 who is 86 years old will get a post pontiff pension of 40,000 dollars a year. Rather humble don’t you think when Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard Carly Fiorina aged 58 in her 21 million severance deal she will get $200,000 annual pension
4. People who became blind after birth can see images in their dreams. People who are born blind do not see any images, but have dreams equally vivid involving their other senses of sound, smell, touch and emotion.
5. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
6. Fire hydrants are commonly color coded to indicate how much water a particular hydrant will provide. This allows for quick decision-making when they are deciding which hydrant to access.
1. Approximately one fifth of all the publications from Japan are comic books.
2. The little bags of netting for gas lanterns (called ‘mantles’) are radioactive–so much so that they will set of an alarm at a nuclear reactor.
3. If an infant becomes blind soon after they’re born they will still almost always see images in their dreams, but infants born with blindness will most likely never have dreams with images. People who were born blind do still have very emotionally intense dreams which include hearing, smells, feeling and taste. Now that’s an interesting fact about dreams.
4. Avocado is derived from the Spanish word ‘aguacate’ which is derived from the Nahuatl word ‘ahuacatl’ meaning testicle. I guess that it is referring to the shape. Avocados were known by the Aztecs as ‘the fertility fruit’.
5. The first electric Christmas lights were created by a telephone company PBX installer. Back in the old days, candles were used to decorate Christmas trees. This was obviously very dangerous. Telephone employees are trained to be safety concious. This installer took the lights from an old switchboard, connected them together, strung them on the tree, and hooked them to a battery.
6. The Earl of Condom was a knighted personal physician to England’s King Charles II in the mid-1600’s. The Earl was requested to produce a method to protect the King from syphillis.(Charles the II’s pleasure-loving nature was notorious.) Hence the word Condom for protection.