- A captive killer whale at MarineLand discovered it could regurgitate fish onto the surface of the water, attracting seagulls and then eat the birds. Four others then learned to copy the behavior.
2. Fiji Water once ran an ad that stated: “The label says Fiji because it’s not bottled in Cleveland.” The Cleveland water department took offense, so they challenged the statement, commissioned a test, and proved that Fiji water had more impurities in it.
3. Sound changes when it snows. It seems quieter right after a snowfall because a blanket of fresh powder is absorbing the sound waves- but once the snow melts and refreezes, it then creates a reflective surface that amplifies sound by allowing it to travel farther than normal.
4. The official border between Belgium and the Netherlands runs through living rooms, yards and cafés, so it’s possible – indeed, it happens more often than you’d think – to sit across a table having a cup of coffee with someone who is actually in a different country.
For a while, a Dutch law requiring dining establishments to close earlier than they did in Belgium. At closing time in the Netherlands, patrons would have to get up and move tables, over to the Belgian side.
5. Facts about ‘Thanks Giving’
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird, not the eagle.
- Americans eat 46 million turkeys each Thanksgiving.
- Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin’s first meal in space after walking on the moon was foil packets with roasted turkey.
1.Ginger is a long used medicine in many cultures, it is a winter must have because of its anti inflammatory compounds. It is very inexpensive and known to be used for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the cancer linked to it.
2. If you want to befriend a dog this is how you do it. Dogs get high when you rub their ears real good. They have a branch of nerves in their ears that extend to their internal organs and release endorphins when you rub them, sending relaxing impulses through their bodies and going them a natural high.
3. Anxiety can be a direct result of their parents behavior. Though high anxiety is partly genetic, children are more likely to be anxious if their parents openly criticize them, doubt their competence, are controlling, or are emotionally cold – to the pont that researchers analyzing a childs anxiety have been able to predict their mother’s behavior before ever observing it.
4. With a country such as Norway, with so many beautiful areas and scenery, you might think that the access is restricted or commercialized by someone. But that isn’t the case. Trespassing is not so much of a thing in Norway. The country has a law called ‘allemannsretten’ meaning every man’s right or the right to roam that dates back to ancient times and allow you to freely roam and camp on all uncultivated land as long as you show respect for nature and pick up your trash.
5. The phrase ‘Crab mentality’ is used to describe the ‘if I can’t have it, neither can you’ mindset. The metaphors refers to a pot of crabs that could easily get out, but they ensure their own demise by competitively clawing at each other-like spiteful humans trying to bring down those who are more successful by diminishing their importance
Did the monkey banana and water spray experiment ever take place?