For The Love Of Bees
For The Love Of Bees
2. Nappiness – Research done by the University of Hertfordshire have coined a new word to describe the contented state that follows a brief daytime doze. They also showed that naps under 30 minutes made people more focused creative and happy.
3. Phenethylamine, is a chemical found in raw cacao beans, and is also produced in the body when we fall in love
4. Costume designer Romy McCloskey did surgery on a butterfly. A monarch tore his wing while emerging from his chrysalis, She transplanted his wing by using a hanger, scissors, tweezers, talc, contact cement and a toothpick to attach a new wing she took from a dead butterfly. He flew away the next day.
5. Drinking molecular hydrogen dissolved water (Kangen) had reduced oxidative stress and improved Parkinson’s Disease features in animals. A pilot study was carried out in people with Parkinson’s Disease who were taking L-dopa. Each person drank either a litre a day of molecular hydrogen water or only water (without the molecular hydrogen). Symptom scores improved in those people who drank molecular hydrogen water and worsened in those people who only drank normal water. The drinking of molecular hydrogen water was found to safe and well tolerated. It would therefore be an easy means of delaying or reducing symptoms. A larger clinical trial is intended. For a printable version of this article click here. For more news go to Parkinson’s Disease News.
More info go to http://www.lifechanging-water.com
6. Octopuses are older than dinosaurs.
From 100 To Zero
Author: Lesley Voth
Well here I am ‘ Back in the USA’
Sounds like a Springsteen Song I have to say
I left Australia just last week, very warm and sunny
If my friends could see me now they would think it rather funny
I had a tan that I worked very hard to get
Only to be wrapped up in winter woollies, body not seen the sun yet
Woke up yesterday to icicles on the trees
No sign of spring flowers that are usually covered in bees
But I am grateful as the house is nice and warm
Cold outside, at least now sunny no sign of a storm
As you can see from the pictures, my Son and Grandson
Loving the warmth, the ocean in Australia and having such fun
I am not really complaining as I love this country and I am with my husband, my hero
Even though I have gone from temperatures of 100 degrees to Zero
I wanted to see how far I could take the recordings of bees into the realm of music. The bee produces about 200-230 wing flaps pr. second, which is enough to generate a nice, rich sounding buzz. I recorded a bunch of bee sounds and manipulated them through a variety of tools (including time-freezers, delays, filters, glitch modules etc). I then decided to add some more human elements to it (vocals, guitars, grooves etc) and wrapped it up by adding full symphony orchestra and choirs on it during the end.
Besides the bee sounds – the majority of samples are coming from the tonehammer.com sample catalog.
Hope you enjoy it. Einstein once predicted that the human race would survive no more then 4 years after the extinction of bees due to their keystone role in the entire ecosystem.
Peace out to all the bees and bumbles.
Check out our official “Music Made with Bees” project page here: http://www.tonehammer.com/?page_id=5027
13% of people are left-handed – In medieval times left-handed people could not become knights because it was thought that they were descendants of the devil.
An acre of hemp produces more paper than an acre of trees. – For thousands of years, until 1883 hemp was the world’s largest agricultural crop from which the majority offibre, fabric, soap, lighting oil, paper incense and medicines were produced.It was also a primary source of essential food oil and protein for humans and animals.
The Rock band REO Speedwagon is named after a flatbed truck – Ransom Eli Olds built a three-wheeled carriage in 1887 and a petrol (gasoline) car in 1896. In 1899, he founded the Olds Motor Works, producing the first Oldsmobile in 1901. Although he didn’t invent the motorcar, he still is known as the “Father of the Automobile.” His heavy-duty flatbed truck was considered a milestone in transportation history. It was from this truck that the American rock band REO Speedwagon chose their name. REO is for the name of Ransom Eli Olds.
The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”– does not stand for “LSD.” The title actually comes from John Lennon’s son Julian, who left his mark on more than one Beatles song. His drawing of a nursery school classmate, Lucy O’Donnell caught his father’s eye. When asked what it was called, Julian replied, “Lucy in the sky with diamonds.”
In pagan times Friday was the luckiest day of the week– because it was ruled by the planet Venus, the symbol of love and fortune. In fact, Friday is named in honor of Freya, goddess of Love. But for Christians, Friday has not been a good day. Adam and Eve is said to have eaten the forbidden fruit on a Friday and died on a Friday. Jesus was crucified on a Friday.
Between 20 000 and 60 000 bees live in a single hive.– The queen bee lays 1 500 eggs a day and lives for up to 2 years. The drone, whose only job it is to mate with the queen bee, has a lifespan of around 24 days – they have no stinger. Worker bees – all sterile females – usually work themselves to death within 40 days in summer, collecting pollen and nectar. Worker bees fly up to 14km (9 miles) to find pollen and nectar, flying at 24km/h (15 mph).
Clint Eastwood wrote theme songs of his own movies. Clint Eastwood, better known as a cowboy and “Dirty Harry,” also is a musician. In 1961, he cut a single called “Unknown Girl.” Two more singles followed in the next three years and the release of an LP titled “Rawhide’s Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites,” from the 60s TV series that brought him fame.
An old Sri Lankan proverb says that two leaves of the herb “gota Kola” a day “Keeps old age away”