This looks like the drink for me
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Turmeric
Stir over gentle heat 7-10 minutes. Add water if it gets too thick.
Store this mixture in the refrigerator in a glass container for two weeks.
2 cups of coconut milk
1/2 tsp cinamon
1 tsp of coconut oil
1tsp to 1 tablespoon of Turmeric Paste
1 tsp chopped ginger
4 – 6 black peppercorns
pinch of stevia
Stir altogether then simmer with lid on pot on a low heat for 10 min
Strain mixture to rid peppercorns and ginger.
Pour into a mug (should make 2 mugs) and sprinkle with cinnamon
Tongariro at Makotuku Bed and Breakfast
If you are about to travel to New Zealand this bed and breakfast is a must.
It is owned by my dear friend Julie and her husband. It is one of the most beautiful areas in New Zealand. Julie also is the most hospitable person I know and will make you extremely welcome.
Right below Mt Ruapahu and exquisite picture as you can see from above which is taken from her lounge room.
If you are a skier, snowboarder, like cycling on the amazing cycle tracks in the area or just traveling through this is a perfect place to stay.
It’s a great place to stay summer or winter.
At long last she now has a Facebook page which gives you an idea of the area and all you can do plus all the contact information.
Go check it out. If you are going that way it will be the best stop you will make.
I know as I have stayed there many times.
Just click on the pictures to go to the Facebook page
1. Turmeric can help protect against Aluminum Toxicity.
Aluminum can destroy the endocrine system and lead to widespread hormonal imbalance (especially when it’s absorbed through the lymph system) if it accumulates beyond a certain level. It’s even been linked with breast cancer, prostate cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities are well-known. By neutralizing both chronic inflammation and oxidative stress—two of the greatest inhibitors of the body’s natural detoxification functions—turmeric helps protect against the negative effects of aluminum and other heavy metals.
2. To figure out how much water you should drink daily. Halve your body weight – If you are 54 kilos you should drink 2.7 liters a day.
3. Legend has it that tea was discovered accidentally. About 5,000 years ago when the Chinese Emperor witnessed leaves blow from a near by bush into a pot of boiling water.
Anyway both Black and Green tea prevent the breakdown of Acetylcholine a chemical found to be lacking in the brain of those with Alzhiemer’s disease. Green tea is found to contain l-theanine an amino acid which increases the activity of dopamine and the alpha waves of the brain.
4. Warm feet. They say that 30% of woman’s likelihood of achieving orgasm will be if her feet are warm. This is information from researchers from the Netherlands. So go buy some fancy bedsocks guys .
5. Keep a potted ‘Peace Lily’ on your desk. A NASA study showed this plant was the most effective at removing airborne toxins especially in the office to ward of all those office place germs. Interesting I thought.
The other day a friend said, you have not done a ‘Poem Friday’ for some time
Well, I replied there has been nothing to inspire me to make a rhyme
Then just this morning after making my bed
I walked from the room and a good feeling came to my head
I love my colorful duvet cover that was given to me
By my Niece and her wife, the bedcover in the picture you can see
Its bright, its beachy, warm and its so comfy, so right
Especially when I have to sleep on the couch cause my man snores at night
I know its not words that have that great emotional and a passionate ring
But its just all about what makes your heart feel happy, just a simple thing.
1. Studies show that snuggling before bed helps to relax the brain. This reduces the process of the brain over-thinking and making it easier to fall asleep.
Snuggling also helps keep blood pressure in check due to the normal chemical activity it generates source
2. 250 people are currently frozen, waiting to be revived with future technology.
About 270 people have undergone cryopreservation procedures as of 2013. The revival envisions repairs being conducted using a variety of microscopic organisms and devices that will restore healthy cell structure and chemistry at the molecular level before warming is done. Until then, we, or rather they wait for The Resurrection. Company President John Rodriguez inside one of the empty Cryon tanks used to contain the bodies.
3. Did you know you could go out with a bang. This sounds fantastic to me I would love it. “Heavens above Fireworks” is a company that turns your ashes into a firework after you die and you literally can be lit up and go out with a bang. A great way to say good-bye
4. People who stay up late at night are likely to be more intelligent than those who go to bed early.
It is worth reading the whole article on www.psychologytoday.com/blog/ it is extremely interesting.
5. A woman attempted suicide by jumping from the 86th floor of the empire state building, a sudden gust blew her right back onto the 85th floor. 1979, Elvita Adams jumped from the 86th floor, only to be blown back onto the 85th floor by a gust of wind and left with a broken hip.