1. Corn, beans, and squash are called the “three sisters.”
The Native Americans planted corn, beans and squash together so that they would benefit each other.
- The corn provides a structure for the beans to climb.
- The beans provide the nitrogen to the soil that other plants can utilize
- The squash spreads along the ground preventing weeds
- The prickly squash leaves also keep away raccoons, which don’t like to step on them.
2. Qatar is the only country that begins with a Band Iraq is the only country that ends with a q.
3. The letter Q, W and X was illegal in Turkey for 85 years
Romanisation, it was argued, would help standardise Turkish spelling, improve literacy, and allow for cheaper and more convenient printing (the Arabic script required more than 400 pieces of type).
4. The biggest dam built by beavers is twice as long as the Hoover Dam. Speaking of Hoover Dam there is enough concrete in the Hoover Dam to build a road across the US from Coast to Coast.
5. In 2007 210,000 Americans were injured b lawnmowers. The lawn mower is the most dangerous item in the garden and the second is the flower-pot. Who knew. Oh on the subject as I know it’s a piece of useless information but Edwin Beard Budding who invented the lawn mower tested his invention at night so no one would think he was mad. Budding’s mower was designed primarily to cut the grass on sports grounds and extensive gardens, as a superior alternative to the scythe, and was granted a British patent on August 31, 1830. Source
Now using a petrol driven Lawn mower for one hour produces as much air pollution as a 100 mile car trip. Source