I saw these ads on Facebook a couple of days ago and thought they were a fantastic idea.
The first one is an Electronic Mosquito Killer/Bug Zapper, USB Powered Silent Non-toxic UV LED Mosquito Lamp with Built in Fan Mosquito Catcher Trap for Baby Good Sleep. (Their words). For me I think its a brilliant idea. I have not seen one before and maybe they have been around a while but for me its a first time. Its product name is FANXIAOKJ. It is advertised for US$18.99 . I think they are about AUD $30. They can be bought on Amazon
The second one is the Travelon Bag Bungee– If you are like me you travel a lot and find that extra hand bag for travel on board, is a pain in the butt and this bungee is brilliant to be able to strap it on the top of your carry on.
This also is on Amazon for the price of US$10.95 probably about AUD$18.
Filed under Articles, food
1. Buy Tea in Bags not Bottles – Twelve bottles of ice tea can cost $36 if bought individually. Tea bags are about 10 cents a piece. Put tea bags into bottle with a little sugar to taste and you have ice tea. I put a Green tea bag in my bottle for the gym, healthy and gives your water a different flavor. If you have a Water Machine(Kangen) you also have filtered, healthy PH level plus electrolyzed water.
A Saving of Approx $10
2. Buy Store brands not brand name versions. Importantly make sure the product is made in you country not in another country as it is important to support your own workers. Savings can be at least a dollar per item
3. Quit Soda – Stop drinking at least two 2 litre bottles per week and you will save approximately $120 a year and of course it is better for your health.
1. Tea Bags As Deodorizer
Put some used tea bags in a jar and place them in your refrigerator to absorb odors.
2. Kitty Litter As Cell Phone Saver
If your phone gets wet you can try drying it in a box of cat litter. Remove the battery and SIM card, then dry the phone off and slide it into a sock. Tie the sock closed and put it in a container filled with the litter. After three days, check to see if there’s any moisture left on the screen. If so, put it back for another couple of days.
3. Baby Wipes As Gadget Cleaners
Before you go out and purchase pricey electronics cleaners, keep in mind baby wipes work just as well.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide As Stain Remover
Unfortunately bleach has left hydrogen peroxide with somewhat of a bad rap. Commonly used as an anti-septic nowadays it makes for an awesome disinfectant and stain remover.
5. Cereal Bags As Ziplocs
Ziplock bags cost a fortune and the store-brand stuff is rarely worth its weight in flimsy plastic. Plastic cereal bags, however, are great liners that can be reused. You can use them to store baked goods or a sandwich, apply breadcrumb coatings to meat, fish and poultry, roll up cookie dough logs, contain ingredients to be crushed with a rolling-pin, or as a trash container in your car.
Christmas day is fast approaching and if you have not done all your shopping you may want to look a these options as you are not only giving a great gift you are helping others.
Here are some of the gifts you may like to purchase.
1. Jewelry – projecthavehope.org – They sell bangles made out of recyclable paper and 100 percent of the proceeds go to women in Uganda. I have one of these and they are very attractive. Amazing actually you would never know they are made out of paper.
2. Hat – unicefusa.org – Apparently 15c of the proceeds of these warm winter hats go to this charity which provides vaccines and clean water all over the world.
3. bags – www.feedprojects.com – Order a beneficial bag for just $30. A portion of the proceeds will provide a child in need with five school lunches.
FEED Projects, was actually co-founded by Lauren Bush and to date they have provided over 66 million meals.”
They are also available at Lord and Taylor.
4. Sunglasses – toms.com – Check out the Classic 301 sunglasses for $145. For every pair sold, Toms will provide eye care to a person in need.
5. A Tree – peopletowels.com – Looking for a ‘green’ gift? Look no further than Seeds of Change. A tree gift set, costing $20, will plant 10 trees and your recipient gets to plant one too.This organization works with Trees for the Future, a non-profit that has been helping communities around the world plant trees
6. Sneakers – www.converse.com – buy a pair of savvy sneakers at Converse for $50 and a portion of the proceeds goes to RED the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. This was started by BONO
European plastic bags.
I think these are so cool and a very imaginative idea. .
Something different that would make you smile and those who pass you in the street.
ShopKick is an application that you can have on your phone that tracks shoppers and rewards them for visiting stores.
Shopkick feeds them offers in certain stores in the mall that they are shopping.
Some of those stores are Best Buy, American Eagle Outfitters, Macy’s and Sports Authority.
Shopkick is already available for IPhones and coming to Android phones this fall
Check the website for more information.
Hotels will pick up Baggage Fee Tab.
It was reported on Morning Express with Robin Meade, HLN,that because of the complaints about the charge of excess baggage by airlines, some Hotels have decided to reimburse the cost of one of your checked bags.
So far the Hotels that are doing this is:
- There are 4500 locations around the world
- Make sure you keep the reciepts, they will not reimburse without a reciept.