I am sure you were not aware of most of them. I know I was not.
Tag Archives: aware
1. Cocao is the ‘In’ thing. According to the news site Ozy.com Fancy cocktails and illicit substances are not so ‘Hip’ anymore. The party goers are opting for a healthier solution to get that ‘High’. Those looking for that lift across the globe are drinking eating and even snorting the sweet stuff while getting their groove on to the music.
According to Ozy.com at a monthly dance party in Berlin, cocoa is mixed with hone, cinnamon and agave syrup and offered in vats to the revellers.Cacao pills are also being popped at substance-free gigs in London and New York. In Belgium you can take a whiff of powdered chocolate mixed with ginger, raspberry and mint.
You may ask why? – Cacao boosts serotonin, releases endorphins, relaxes muscles and stimulates the brain.
Source – Body and Soul – Sunday Mail Australia – July 10
2. Eating Fat will not make you put on weight – A new study published in the journal the “Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology found that people following a diet high in healthy fats lost more weight than those who reduced their fat intake overall.
This of course is nothing new but is still hard for people to understand how this works and of course still gets sucked in to the ‘Fat Free’ advertising. Let loose guys it tastes good too.
There is an exception avoid the pork belly and provolone as they are not considered the good fat.
That is sad as they are two of my favorite foods.
3. 50% of Australians don’t know how to pronounce quinoa correctly. I bet that figure is the same in most countries. They figure 16% say “Kin-oa” and 9 % who say “Key-noa” think it is the correct way. If you have read this article then you will know next time you are asked it is “Keen-wah”. Don’t ask me how they get that out of that word but that is why the english language is so hard to learn. I am glad I don’t have to learn it.
4. The best part of our fruit and vegetables are thrown away. Studies now show that you should be eating those cores, skins, stalks because nutritionally they are the best parts.
5. Signs that you are a “Worry Wart” are disturbed sleep patterns – Falling ill while on holidays – Moodiness, such as anger, or sadness – you have become a perfectionist and fear failure.
In 5 steps you can worry less
1. A trigger is forecasting something negative. You are worrying about something that does not even exist yet and never will. When this happens to you say to yourself that “Worry does not help and is imaginary”. If you say it enough it will help.
2. Be aware when this worry thing kicks in. You feel a panic come over your body, your breathing becomes shallow, you frown, you become tense. If you are listening to your body you can do something about it. Breathe deep and exhale slow and be mindful of how your body is reacting to worry.
3. Challenge the accuracy of your information. Share it with a professional. Try to be in the present and be aware of the beautiful things around you. Enjoy the moment.
4. Cortisol is the fuel for worry. Keep it low. Exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep if you can.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Try to be very clear on your purpose in life and don’t let the media, tv, or a negative friend influence your thoughts. I know from experience that a negative friend can be very draining so try to change the subject from anything that is not a positive though and have a laugh its the best remedy for anything.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”