What a simple easy, tasty, delicious Pasta. Got to Love it. You know this is a healthy quick meal for those who live on their own. No messing around. Avocado being of course one of my favorite fruits. Actually for a little did you know from the University of California:-
“You might be inclined to call it a vegetable, thanks to its green hue and savory taste, but the avocado is technically a fruit, and even more specifically, a single-seeded berry. A fruit is “the matured ovary of a flower,” according to University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources”.
Whole grain toast with mashed avocado and egg
Having this for breakfast this morning.
Tried it and it was beautiful. Thought it may be a bit rich but it was very light and delectable.
Eggs on Avocado with bacon, reggiano parmigiano and sirracha sauce
This would make an easy light meal for Easter after eating all those chocolate Easter eggs
Avocado Chicken Salad:
2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 chopped onion
juice of 1/2 a lime
2 Tbsp cilantro
salt and pepper to taste.
Cook chicken breast until done, let cool, and then shred. Mix with all other ingredients. Enjoy!
I assume what they say is true, if so a doughnut once in a while can’t do too much damage. My favorite doughnut is a jam doughnut especially warm and fresh.
1. Half an Avocado – Glazed doughnut has 14 grams of fat. Half an avocado has 15 grams of fat. In avocado, 10 of those grams are monounsaturated fats, which improve cholesterol levels.
I am not sure about this one as I eat half an avocado a day and don’t see any improvement. They may also prevent the accumulation of belly fat, according to a study published in Diabetes Care.
2. Two tablespoons of peanut butter – 16 grams of fat, about half of which is monounsaturated.
3. One Ounce Unsweetened Dried Coconut – 18 grams of fat. But new research suggests there’s a place in healthy diets for saturated fats. You definitely don’t want to go overboard with dried coconut as they are saturated fats.
4. 3 Large Eggs – You’ll get just more than 14 grams of fat from a breakfast that includes three eggs. The fat content breaks down fairly evenly between saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fats.
5. 12 Olives – 15 grams of fat, the vast majority of which is monounsaturated. Olives like all of the above offer more nutrients than a doughnut.
It seems to be, what ever tastes soooooooo good seems to ‘Not be good for you’. You can be sure one doughnut is not going to put you into deadly heart attack spin so one every now and then has to be good for the soul. Well that is my opinion.