Tag Archives: advice
I have always been interested in organic gardening and of course buy organic food when I can. If you able to grow your own vegetables and fruit well you have a handle on your health and well being.
Dr Dirt, a name he is well known for, has some great advice if you are contemplating growing your own produce.
There is also advice on how to get an early start to the growing season in a cold climate. How to save and protect plants that would not normally survive cold weather.
If you don’t do different nothing will change
This was sent to me today from and old friend and I loved every word. I hope you enjoy it as well.
‘An Old Farmer’s Advice’
Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered……not yelled.
Meanness don’t just happen overnight.
Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
Most of the stuff people worry about, ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good and honorable life, then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
Don’t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to a higher being.
Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
1. Identity theft resource center. No-Cost victim assistance: 888-400-5530; idtheftcenter.org
2. Financial Privacy Now. Consumers Union’s website on security freezes, data breaches, and protecting your Social Security Number: financialprivacynow.org
1. Freddie Mac. Links for reporting suspected fraud, and examples of what to look out for:
2. Neighborworks America.. Information on predatory lending and foreclosure rescue scams: nw.org
1. Financial industry regulatory authority. ,Broker background checks and warnings: 800-289-9999; finra.org/investors
2. AARP. Articles and guides on safe and responsible retirement planning: 1-888-687-2277; aarp.org/money/retirement