I know, how do you keep up with it all. Moderation is the answer I guess. How often do we have spinach? Me probably every day in a salad. Potatoes well most of us at least once a day or every couple of days – nope can’t do that either.
‘Oxalic acid is made up of tiny molecules that bind minerals like calcium and form crystals. can cause kidney stones (calcium oxalate kidney stones) but also may be responsible for a wide variety of other health problems related to inflammation, auto-immunity, mitochondrial dysfunction, mineral balance, connective tissue integrity, urinary tract issues and poor gut function. Keeping going – Tissue destruction, fibromyalgia and autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are all issues that can be related to oxalates’. This is part of an article from a nutritionist ‘Sally K Norton‘
I have read the story about it and it stands to reason that if you over indulge in certain foods the body reacts to it. It seems when we get introduced with something healthy we go overboard until it becomes toxic for the body. So on that note I think it is worth looking into it if you are suffering from chronic aches and pains and certain illnesses. This is a short video on the matter. There are more video’s and information on Sallys website that you may like to watch and read.
Most mornings when I remember, I take baking soda in a glass of Kangen water on an empty stomach. Together with the Kangen water it helps to elevate the PH Level of your body. That is a good thing. I don’t believe all Baking sodas are the same. The pure organic stuff is much more palatable I feel. Could be my imagination but I think if you get the pure Baking Soda, you can’t go wrong. Odd taste to begin with, but it grows on you.
Here are some other great benefits of taking this baking soda each day.
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate or NaHCO3) has a number of medicinal uses and benefits. It’s commonly known to have alkalinizing, antacid and electrolyte replacement properties
- Studies have shown drinking baking soda solution can help pregnant women who are having a slow or difficult labor to avoid C-sections in about 20 percent of cases by neutralizing acid in the womb
- Research funded by the National Institutes of Health suggests baking soda may be a safe and effective treatment for autoimmune diseases by priming your immune system against inflammation
- The data suggests drinking baking soda infused water activates an anti-inflammatory pathway that is mediated by the neuronal-like function of mesothelial cells that line your internal organs
- Baking soda is also useful against other aches and pains, including heartburn and ulcer pain, and may enhance sports performance (a strategy known as soda doping)
- Quote from an article of Dr Mercola
To get more in depth information just click on Dr Mercola and it will go to the article. I advise you do this as it is very informative as always.
1. Research has shown that coconut oil or sesame oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes a day reduce gum disease. Apparently it is an ancient Indian remedy used to ‘Pull’ bacteria from the mouth. I practice it, but only for a couple of minutes, 20 minutes may be a bit of a push for me. It is said to help whiten your teeth.
2. A lobsters blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.’ Tomalley‘ is the lobster’s liver. It turns green when cooked and is considered a delicacy. ‘Coral‘ is the red colored material and is the egg mass of a female lobster. Cooking colors the tiny eggs a deep coral or red.
3. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlscent substance found in fish scales. Lip colouring started to gain some popularity in 16th century England. During the time of Queen Elizabeth I bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable.
4. There is a new device to help prevent migraines. It is called Cefaly, it electrically zaps nerves in the forehead that are thought to be linked to the source of the debilitating headaches. They say at least 36 million Americans suffer from these headaches. Cefaly is positioned on the forehead using an adhesive electrode. Precise impulses are produced, which act on the trigeminal nerve in order to reduce pain and prevent migraine attacks.
5. Did you know that in warmer weather, tires lose air at a higher rate, reducing gas mileage and decreasing their life span. I also causes battery failure so make sure you top off the fluid and clean corrosion from the terminals and make sure the cables are tightly connected. When possible always park your car in the shade. These are good tips for those of us that lives in Texas.