I have never heard of this before so is rather interesting reading. If you go to the website of Dr Mercola you can read this article in depth
This is verbatim from Dr Mercola’s site.
- Recommendations for once-a-day aspirin were pulled by the FDA when the risks of major bleeding far outweighed the benefits of preventing a heart attack. Salicylic acid, the active ingredient, is found in high concentrations in cumin
- Eating one teaspoon of cumin in well-spiced foods spikes blood levels of salicylic acid as if you took a baby aspirin. Data show those eating foods high in salicylic acid may help lower their risk of developing certain cancers
- Consider stimulating the vagus nerve, or 10th cranial nerve, to activate the parasympathetic nervous system and protect your heart
- Nattokinase and lumbrokinase are two aspirin alternatives without high side effect profiles, which demonstrate the ability to improve circulation and reduce the risk of serious clotting.
- Dissolve excess fibrin in blood vessels, which improves circulation, causes clot dissolution and reduces risk of severe clotting.
- Reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL (good) cholesterol.
- Reduces blood viscosity, improves blood flow and lowers blood pressure.
- and lumbrokinase are two aspirin alternatives without high side effect profiles, which demonstrate the ability to improve circulation and reduce the risk of serious clotting)
Lumbrokinase is an enzyme derived from Lumbricus rubellus, a species of earthworm. Sold as a dietary supplement, lumbrokinase is classified as a fibrinolytic enzyme (a substance that promotes the breakdown of fibrinogen, a protein involved in blood clotting