Perfect barbecued Asparagus – When barbecuing asparagus, thread a wooden satay stir (soaked in water first) through the top and bottom of several pieces at a time, they are much easier to turn and won’t disappear through the gaps in the grill.
2. Dip your toes for a better sleep This I am not sure I would do but if it helps with sleep I am all for it – If you find it hard to sleep in the hot, humid weather especially if there is no air-conditioning, a bowl of iced water by the bed and cold your feet in it when you are wakeful as it helps regulate the whole body temperature.
3. Prevent a clogged sealant cartridge – After using a sealant cartridge plug the nozzle with blue tac and it will prevent drying out and clogging.
4. Prevent garden mould – To control sooty mould on gardenia and citrus, vigorously shake 250 ml vegetable oil and 60 ml dishwashing detergent in a screw top jar until white then use 2 tablespoons of the emulsion in a liter of water to spray your plants thoroughly. Good for pumpkin and cucumber plants I would say to stop that mould establishing itself.
5. Recycle the scoop – Recycle the plastic scoops that come in the laundry powder. This is great a measure to use in dry goods and dry pet food. Make sure you wash it well first though and leave it in the sun a while so it looses its perfume.
6. fashion tip – To remove gum from your clothes, cool the gum using an ice-cube then flick it off with a butter knife.
Source – The Australian Womans weekly.