- A Czech brewery uses crayfish to ensure the purity of its water supply. The crayfish are fitted with tiny sensors which monitor heart rate and movement to detect when the animals react to impurities in the water.
2. Alligators in Louisiana have learned to balance sticks on their snouts during egret and heron nesting season, when the birds are actively searching for nest materials. This is the first known case of predators using lures based on seasonal prey behavior.
3. Science Confirms That Turmeric As Effective As 14 Drugs. Turmeric or Curcumin is a wonder herb and it has many health benefits. It’s bright orange, bitter and powerful. Turmeric is the vibrant ingredient that gives curry its memorable hue. If you’ve tried Indian cuisine, you’ve likely tasted it and loved it.
4. White sand beaches are made of Poop. When sea creatures like fish and urchins eat algae that grows on coral reefs, they ingest pieces of the reef along with it and then poop it out as sand. Just one Hawaiin parrotfish can poop out 800 lbs of ‘White Sand’ in a single year.
5. Locusts have leg muscles that are about 1000 times more powerful than an equal weight of human muscle.