1. That legend in the late 6th century has it that a young goat herder in Ethiopia noticed his flock were more energetic after eating the berries and leaves of an unknown plant. Monks from a nearby monastery discovered that by roasting, grinding and infusing the seeds of this plant in water a unique beverage could be obtained that would help keep them awake during long hours of prayer. Word quickly got around. Coffee cultivation began in the 15th century with arabia’s Yemen province the worlds only source for centuries. During the 18th century the dutch traders and the French started plantations though out their colonies. Later coffee was produced in the west indies, Latin America, Jamaica, India and Brazil.
Source of this information – Sunshine Coast Daily Australia.
2. Coffee facts: a. Crude oil first but Coffee is the next most sort after commodity in the world.
b. The coffee plat originated from a plateau in Ethiopia in a region known as Kaffa.
c. It is estimated that 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed each day worldwide
Source – Sunshine coast Daily Australia
3. If you save a dollar and then the following week 2 dollars the next $4 and so on by the end of 52 weeks you will have $1378 in your savings account.
4. To save interest on your mortgage, weekly payments are better than monthly payments. Most interest is compounded daily so if you are making payments more regularly it means the interest being calculated on the loan is for fewer days.
5. A Study from Carnegie Mellon University has shown that happy people are much likely to catch a cold