1. Believe it or not, beer has some nutritional value in the form of antioxidants, B vitamins, electrolytes and carbohydrates. All of these attributes can play a role in recovery. Antioxidants help to reduce oxidative stress (which is induced by inflammation), B vitamins aid in metabolism functions, electrolytes assist in fluid balance and proper cell function, and carbohydrates replenish energy. This of course is recommended for a light-to-moderate consumption.
Non-alcoholic beer has about half the calories and potassium. Due to its lower amount of alcohol (typically about 0.5% alcohol by volume), non-alcoholic beer provides the benefits of beer without the potential for alcohol’s negative effects.
Always avoid binge drinking after races because we know that’s not good for your body.
2. Just another reason to love Peanut butter. It can cure hiccups! United States study spent five years studying hiccups and ways to stop them. The best remedy they came up with was to slowly eat a spoonful of peanut butter. Apparently it spreads a coat on your throat and you concentrate on chewing, your breathing pattern stabilizes and the hiccups disappear.
3. To clean a pearl necklace, fill a large jar with rice then bury the pearls in the rice. Put on the lid and shake for 10 minutes.
Source:Aunt Daisy well-known radio personality in the 50’s
4. That if your dog refuses to have its teeth brushed – smear a little canine toothpaste on its favorite chew toy or rope and let it chew to its hearts content. (do not use human toothpaste)
5. That cheese could be the secret to a longer lifespan. A study published in the journal Nature Medicine suggests that eating aged cheese containing the compound spermidine could lead to better heart health and overall improvement of bodily functions. Apparently the research not solidified yet but ‘YAHOO’ for me cause I love cheese especially the old stuff