I written many times on this subject.
I cannot emphasize enough how important it is that your body is in an Alkaline condition. It is essential to good health and prevent cancer, as cancer cells do not grow in an Alkaline environment.
When your body is Alkaline you will not have a weight problem, you will have more energy and you will be more alert as your brain function will be sharper, you will be stronger and an Alkaline diet is very anti – aging.
It is not always easy to keep it this way the temptations of fast food and dining out on rich type food is all around us but to make a habit of it can be hard on your health.
We all fall off the wagon from time to time, but as long as it is not part of your permanent lifestyle I think it would be safe to say you can jump back into a healthy diet the next day without too much damage.
I believe we can get a bit boring when we become eccentric about our eating habits and we end up not enjoying our food and no one enjoys having you over for dinner because you have become so picky. Just relax and don’t stress over it. Stress is another thing that can destroy an Alkaline body, but that’s for another day. I believe that once you have changed your diet and spend time cooking healthy food you will notice the difference and not get the same pleasures out of tasteless (sometimes tasty) fast food.
The list of food below will contribute to a healthy alkaline body and a good start to great health
Top Five Alkaline Foods
1. Swiss Chard: Swiss chard is a great alkaline food and also has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
2. Melon: Any kind of melon is great at cleansing the colon, and at a pH level of 8.5, they are super alkaline. Watermelon is especially good for you due to its high fiber and 92% water content.
3. Buckwheat: It will kick-start your day by improving energy and can even help prevent cardiovascular disease.
4. Olive Oil: This tasty oil is rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids.
5. Flax Seed: Not only are they alkaline, but flax seeds are also high in fiber and vitamin E. They can reduce inflammation and hot flashes in menopausal women.
OTHER CRAZY GOOD ALKALINE FOODS ARE:
6.Avocado – Has healthy monounsaturated fats for a healthy heart.
7. Bananas – When ripe, bananas can an excellent superfood!
8. Berries – High in antioxidants.
9. Carrots – Contain beta-carotene and will improve eyesight.
10. Garlic – Has the power to regulate blood pressure.
11. Broccoli – Steam it for cholesterol lowering benefits.
12. Grapes – High in multivitamins and antioxidants, grapes will lower blood pressure.
13. Pineapple – Will help with weight loss.
14. Alfalfa Sprouts – Easy to digest and rich in enzymes to keep your hormones balanced.
15. Lemons– One of the most alkalizing food, lemons also aid in cold, cough and flu relief.
16. Brussels Sprouts – May prevent cancer.
17. Sauerkraut – Fermented foods add probiotics to your diet.
18. Cauliflower – A healthy substitute for bread!
19. Grapefruit – Good source of vitamin A and C.
20. Seaweeds – Contain iron and are powerful acid reducer.
21. Quinoa – Will maintain healthy blood sugars.
22. Cucumber – Its 90% water content will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
23. Parsley – Will clean the intestines.
24. Mango – Great for cleansing the colon.
25. Spinach – The ultimate, vitamin-packed vegetable.
26. Oranges – Great for clearing a cold.
27. Papaya – A natural laxative to keep your colon clean.