Day 14 – 22 Pushups – 22 Days – Awareness of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Today I went to the Bohemian Hill Tavern in Rosenberg owned by my friends Ruth and Terry. I was going to do it outside in front of the bar so you could see the name but the temperature was close to 100 degrees if not 100 degrees, so that was way to hot. I ended up doing the pushups in the bar. Thank you Pattie Meyen for doing the video. At least you got my feet and head in. Thanks Bohemian for letting me do it there.
The reason for 22 days and 22 pushups is the recognition and awareness of proven statistical evidence that there are at least 22 veterans commit suicide each day in the United States Of America and a growing number in Australia. There has been 274 suicides in Australia since 1999.
For most of us, we can not comprehend the trauma that they experience and how tolerant and supportive we must be for those who fight for our freedoms. It is not only tragic for our vets it is certainly heartbreaking for the families of these young men and women.
Today I nominate my friend Millie Jarnot to take the challenge. Actually she has done her first day last night.
No pressure . If you can great, if not that’s ok too.
But once you accept, you start tomorrow. The rules are simple:
* Once you are nominated your 22 days starts the following day.
* Every day you record yourself doing 22 push ups, try your best to reach 22. If that means doing assisted push ups (from your knees) or you have to stop and take a break, that is fine but try to get them all done in one video.
* Every day the push-ups must be in a different location.
* Every day you just nominate a different person.
* And finally have fun with this!
This a great way to have fun and let these courageous Men and Women who put their life on the line and those suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) know that someone is thinking about them.
You can make donations to assist in the rehabilitation of our veterans with PTSD on the website of ‘Getheadstrong.org‘
Crisis line in USA
Crisis line in Australia