Day 5 of 22 Pushups – 22 Days – Awareness for PTSD.
Today I volunteered At ‘Helping Hand Food Bank’ in Richmond Texas. This great charity feeds many people each week who are struggling. All of the food is donated generously by the large grocery companies like Walmart, Sam’s, and HEB. I only work there once a week which was my day 5 of my pushups so had my friend June video my pushups in the Aisle of warehouse. Thank you June.
The reason for 22 days and 22 pushups is the recognition and awareness of proven statistical evidence that there are at least 22 veterans commit suicide each day in the United States Of America and a growing number in Australia. There has been 274 suicides in Australia since 1999.
For most of us, we can not comprehend the trauma that they experience and how tolerant and supportive we must be for those who fight for our freedoms. It is not only tragic for our vets it is certainly heartbreaking for the families of these young men and women.
Today I nominate my friend Thor Koschel to take the challenge.
No pressure . If you can great, if not that’s ok too.
But once you accept, you start tomorrow. The rules are simple:
* Once you are nominated your 22 days starts the following day.
* Every day you record yourself doing 22 push ups, try your best to reach 22. If that means doing assisted push ups (from your knees) or you have to stop and take a break, that is fine but try and get them all done in one video.
* Every day the push-ups must be in a different location.
* Every day you just nominate a different person.
* And finally have fun with this!
This a great way to have fun and let these courageous Men and Women who put their life on the line know that someone is thinking about them.
You can make donations to assist in the rehabilitation of our veterans with PTSD on the website of ‘Getheadstrong.org‘
Crisis line in USA
Crisis line in Australia