- There are more than 600 million telephone lines, yet almost half the world’s population has never made a phone call on a land line. However, many more have made a cell phone call; there are some 4 billion cell phones in use.
2. More personal telephone calls are made on Mother’s Day in the USA than on any other day in any other country.Most reverse charge calls takes place on Father’s Day. I guess Dad is the soft touch.
3. The world average of egg consumption per capita is 230.
In the US, about 280 million turkeys are sold for the Thanksgiving celebrations.
4. 37 percent increase in activity of natural killer cells (immune system) after women spent a few hours walking in the woods according to a Japanese study. Plus the boost lasted for over a week. America spends 37 billion on supplements each year so to remain healthy it seems like a walk in the park is the best solution.
- akousticophobia is the fear of noises
- Melophobia is the fear of music
- Lion’s can’t roar until the age of 2