1. Dead bugs on your windshield are gross. But dryer sheets can pretty easily clean bugs off your car’s grill, hood, mirrors and windshield. Just spritz the area with a little water, then use either a new or a used sheet to easily erase the gook from you car! It really works, and it’s so simple to do.
2. To clean that white deodorant spot of your shirt just scrunch up a used sheet and scrub the spots away. Your shirt will look as clean as it was when you put it on, and smell a little fresher too. No need to waste a fresh sheet, just use one you previously did laundry with.
3. A New fresh dryer sheet can control that static in a few ways. If your hair is starting to get that fly away look, rub your brush with a sheet before brushing your hair. If clothing is sticking to itself and making a tight cling, rub the underside of your garment with a sheet until the static is erased. It works wonders!
4. You know the smell never comes out of the carpet and your vacuum cleaner always has that pungent smell of dirt. Well, rip a fresh dryer sheet in half and place it inside your bag or canister before you begin vacuuming. The scent keeps the vacuum smelling fresh and it actually gives the carpet a boost of freshness. For really bad odors, use the whole sheet instead of just half. My cleaner always stinks so a whole sheet is doing a great job keeping my machine and carpet smelling fresher.
5. Dryer sheets are great to shine your faucets or clean a glass shower door – even the shower walls! A new sheet will clean that shower soap scum up in a jiffy! No hard scrubbing is required and no expensive cleaners with chemicals, just a plain old dryer sheet. For your faucets and metal plumbing, a used dryers sheet keeps the water stains away and keeps them looking polished. The same for any other metal appliances, they work great on keeping fingerprints and smudges away.
6. Deodorize almost everything like your drawers, gym bag, stuff it under the cushions on the couch. You can use them in the car under the seats to deodorize the car. In the garbage container is also another good place to throw one, keeps that fresh smell.
7. Remove the baked on food from you baking dish. That stuff that just won’t seem to come off. just fill the pan with hot water and add a dryer sheet. Let it soak for a couple of hours or overnight. When you go to clean it up, pour off the dirty water and use that same dryer sheet to easily scrub off the backed on grime. Easy.