1. 1.8 million cases of type 2 diabetes Americans could be prevented by 2020 if we did one simple thing. Stop drinking sugary drinks. Especially soda. Even for a lean healthy person one sugary drink a day increased risk of diabetes by 18% over 10 years according to a study in the BMJ.
2.That cinnamon has been found to be a great arsenal for shutting down the flu. Microbiologist Milton Schiffenbauer led a study that showed only cinnamon inactivated the virus Phi X 174 99.9 to 100% of the time in minutes. While this virus does not affect humans it is similar the viruses we do encounter like nasty colds, flu and even herpes. He suggests a tablespoon of cinnamon a day. Sounds good but I am thinking start off small, maybe a pinch in your coffee or a teaspoon in your smoothie, sprinkled on toast or muffin and maybe over dessert.
3.You can induce sex dreams by your sleep position; A study published in Dreaming found that people who slept face down on their stomach with their arms stretched above their head had more sexual dreams—including ones about affairs with celebrities
4. Socks might be the weird key to your orgasm – According to a Dutch study : While measuring orgasms, they found that many of their female participants were uncomfortable due to cold feet. After they gave them socks, the percentage of those reaching orgasm rose from 50 to 80 percent.
5. More wool comes from the state of Texas than any other state in the United States.
6. Time passes faster for your face than for your feet (assuming you’re standing up). Einstein’s theory of relativity dictates that the closer you are to the centre of the Earth, the slower time goes – and this has been measured. At the top of Mount Everest, a year would be about 15 microsecond shorter than at sea level.
7. When Mahatma Gandhi once went to meet the King of Britain in a simple loincloth, a reporter asked him if he felt underdressed. Gandhi replied, “The King wears enough clothes for both of us.