Extend the Life Of Your Smartphone Or Tablet Battery.
1. Protect your device from temperatures over 95 degrees (35 degrees Celsius ). Those temperatures can damage battery capacity.
2. Shut down location-tracking apps when not using them.
3. Turn off the function that refreshes apps in the background.
4. Don’t turn it off – It will use more juice powering up that it will quietly napping
5. Keep the ports where your battery plugs into your device clean.
6. Turn off Wi-Fi when not in use. Wi-Fi gobbles a lot of power on all devices because it’s always looking for a signal.
7. Keep the screen as dim as you can stand it
8. Extend the refresh time: Set your email to get new messages every 15 minutes (or even longer) rather than as soon as they arrive on the server
10. For optimum performance, “reboot” your battery whenever you can by waiting to charge until the battery is down to about 10 percent. Then, fill ’er up to 100 percent. Try to avoid overcharging it except for newer devices, which is recommended.
11. Have a tablet? Drain its battery regularly. It appreciates the exercise.