1. Four cups of coffee a day could lower your chances of getting the deadly melanoma by 20% according to new research published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute. The Caffeine and polyphenols are credited with the suppression of UV-induced tumor growth. Note to all my friends that have decaf – It does not offer the same benefits.
2. Researchers asked people detailed questions about a film they had just seen. Those who were instructed to shut their eyes when questioned correctly answered 23% more than those who kept their lids open.
The interesting part is that closing your eyes lowers your brains cognitive load by blocking out distractions. That helps you focus on the task of remembering.
3. Dry mouth can be a tooth-ache pain culprit – The saliva in your mouth helps neutralize acids in the mouth that can erode enamel and can lead to the dreaded toothache. Solution seems to be the old saying ‘Drink plenty of water’. I am sure you have heard that one over and over again.
4. Kill that bacteria that is the cause of swimmers ear.
My son and grandson have had this problem for years because they are water animals and love surfing and are in the pool all summer so I know this is a painful problem. Now we have the solution.
Vinegar acidifies the external auditory canal, killing the bacteria that causes the problem.
Dilute white vinegar with an equal amount of distilled water and using an eye dropper put 3 drops in the affected ear 3 times daily .
Use, instead of ‘Over the counter’ products that dry out the ear canal. Get someone to put the drops in your ear so you don’t miss.
5. Three High Tech Food Hacks
1. SCIO – It is a handheld sensor you can shine on food and it will give you the foods chemical makeup on your smart phone. No cheap pre orders are $250.00. Go to
3. Food Scores – This I tried cause it was free. It did not compute the products I tried so it could be rather limited. Scan a bar code and the app scores that food from 1 to 10 about the nutrition, ingredients and degree of processing