1. Sandflies are attracted to dark colors? To keep bites at bay this summer wear light colored clothing, avoid sweet smelling body products and use insect repellent – especially around the ankles as they sart their attack at ground level.
2. Massoud Hassani, a product designer from Afghanistan, built (by hand) a wind-powered device that trips land mines as it rolls across the ground. It is made using bamboo and biodegradable products.
Many of these mines are active and near populated areas in countries like Afghanistan and are hard to remove. The UN says that one mine clearance specialist is killed, and two injured, for every 5,000 mines cleared.
Hassani’s cheap and easy to make method has been achieving great results.
3. If you use a tiny dab of hand sanitiser on a tissue or make up remover pad it will clean all your electronic screens – phone, IPad, and computor
4. There are two levels of Organic – 95% organic ingredients are identified by the words ‘Certified Organic’ and 70% organic ingredients is identified by the words ‘Made with organic ingredients’
5. If your mobile phone is practically glued to your hand beware of ‘Text neck’ . Looking down at a screen for long periods can cause postural changes that affect the neck and spine, which can lead to nerve damage, muscle spasms and pain.
6. To get garlic smells off your hands, rub the with a stainless steel spoon under cold running water.