Hey I read this article this morning and thought it would be a good start for a Monday morning. Get you going for the week or everyday for that matter.
1. I can do this. A lot of times, our first thoughts when we wake lead to feelings of being overwhelmed or feeling exhausted about the day ahead before we even start moving. By taking those feelings in stride and focusing on our ability to make things happen, we can turn our thoughts into something positive. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, think about taking the day’s responsibilities one step at a time and knowing that you can do it.
2. Time to live for today. The other day, someone said one of the best quotes I’ve ever heard. She said, “We get closer to death every day, which is just one more reason to make sure we are living.” That sat with me and I felt very introspective and took the quote word for word, which lead me to realize that there is so much truth in the statement. I mean, if we aren’t taking today to live our lives, then what we are doing? Simply put, learn to live.
3. Let’s make a difference. Each day we have the opportunity to do something. We have the chance to make a difference in small and big ways. Making a difference could simply be through sharing a smile or a story, giving words of encouragement, making a donation, or writing a blog post (!). We are lucky enough to be here, so why not take the time to make a difference in one moment, one opportunity, or one life?
4. Something awesome is going to happen today! This is really about having faith in the day. We have no idea what the next 24 hours may hold for us, but having the belief that something amazing is going to happen, might just be the catalyst to creating and accepting the awesomeness that is on its way over.
5. Why not? In the words of my mentor, Jen Groover, always think, “What if? Why not?” These questions make you think about the best and worst case scenarios of every situation. What if you take a chance and do something awesome? Why not take the plunge? Often times by asking ourselves these questions, we can visualize the highest success and realize that the possibility of failing isn’t that devastating – the worst that could happen usually isn’t that bad, but hey, at least we tried.
6. No time is better than now. It’s not a myth that there is never a right time (for anything!) – there really isn’t a perfect time. We always think we need to wait – wait to make more money, be in a better physical state, etc. Sometimes these are things we can control and we can work toward making the situations better, but often, we just end up finding other excuses making us feel like the time isn’t right. Just accept that there will never be a perfect time, and doing something now is better than waiting and winding up doing nothing.