1. 25 Billion number of songs that have been downloaded from iTunes in the past decade, which equals an average of 6.8 million downloads per day.
2. 268,000 tweets per minute Beyoncé’s fierce halftime Superbowl performance generated .
3. 500 years ago King Richard 111 remains were buried in Leicester. They were recently discovered under a council car park. He was king for only 2 years. Careful Charles! Richard 111 was King of England for two years, from 1483 until his death in 1485 in the Battle of Bosworth Field.
4. It appears that cuddling is not always an act of for-play. According to the researchers at Michigan University, only one in every six cuddles lead to sex. It fact it seems that most couples use a cuddle to start a conversation about their day. But on the other hand there study showed that those that cuddle a lot have a better sex life. The couch, armchair and bed seems to be the most popular spots.
5. Researchers for the ‘All India Institute of Medical Sciences’ have developed a patch that will destroy basal cell carcinomas in just three tree hour outpatient treatments over the course of a week in 80% of the patients treated. The patch apparently contains a radioactive substance called isotope phosphorus – 32 which targets the lesions but not harming deeper tissue. Bad news is it is not on the market yet. The usual tests have to be done by the appropriate departments to confirm its safety. Good news though I would say.
6. According to the journal of aging and physical activity , there is a 14% jump in older adults performance on working-memory tests after they strength trained using increasing resistance three days a week for six months.