I think Politicians here in USA at the moment should learn from this example. Russia has become a very wealthy country, not by taxing the life and incentive out of their people.
Russia Income Taxes and Tax Laws 2012
Last update, May 2012.
• Russia has a uniform rate of tax on the income of individuals. As of 2012 tax in Russia is payable at the rate of 13% for an individual on most income. (non-residents 30%). Russian residents pay 9% on dividend income.
• Non-residents pay 15% on dividend income.
• Exemptions are granted to certain income earners.
• The standard rate of Russia corporate profit tax in 2012 is 20%.
• Companies pay 9% tax on dividend income. Under certain terms dividend income received by companies with holding of 50% or more is entitled to participation exemption.
Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law that has set zero tax rates for agricultural producers on profits.