WHATS NOT TO LIKE
Walking burns fat, cuts your breast cancer risk helps you sleep better, reduces stress and lifts your mood.
Did you know according to a study in Psychological Science, walking in a natural setting improves memory and attention span by 20%. researchers found this held true whether it was 78F and sunny or the middle of winter.
Other facts are:-
- 10,000– is the number of steps you should walk daily to maintain your health.
- 12,500 – 15,000- is the number you should walk daily for weight loss.
- 30– is the number of minutes of moderate intensity physical activity you should aim for on most days (this can be included in your 10,000 steps).
- 4-5- miles is roughly how far 10,000 steps will take you
- 100– is about the minutes it takes to walk 10,000 steps
To keep your urban walking regime fresh and interesting
- Bring a friend – Research from Oxford University shows exercising in groups releases feel-good endorphins in the brain
- Take Fido – Ever met a dog that doesn’t like going for a walk.
“If you don’t do different, nothing will change”
SOURCE: Nature and Health, Australia