Love certainly feels good. Many people have been longing for love ever since they were born in this world. Everyone falls in it and why the effort to elude its trap when it makes us feel good after all. But physical effects of love and just how simple it is to get the benefits may surprise you.
Several studies indicate that married people who have plenty of love in their lives tend to be healthier than those who remain single. Love can keep you healthy mentally, physically, socially and spiritually too. Here are a few documented benefits of love:
- Reduces Stress: Love can be a very effective way of reducing stress levels. When in an intimate relationship, the adrenaline glands produce dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) hormone that acts as a stress buster. A passionate relationship relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well being. Furthermore, the support of someone who loves you can help you cope better when you are facing a stressor.
- Promotes Mental Health: The calming effect of dehydroepiandrosterone over the mind and body raises the growth of nerves. It is also helpful in restoring the growth of nerves which results in an improved memory recall.
- Anti Cancer Effect: Married people have been found to have lower cancer rates than singles. A research conducted at the University of Iowa found that ovarian cancer patients who had a strong and satisfying relationship with their partners develop more white blood cells which are desirable in killing cancerous cells.
- Reduces Pain: Love results in more activation in the part of the brain that keeps pain under control. A study of 127,000 adults confirmed that married people were less likely to complain of headaches and back pain. The happier the marriage, the greater the effect. The reduced stress level also leads to pain relief, especially if you suffer from things such as chronic headaches.
- Better Blood Circulation: When talking to someone it finds attractive, your brain sends impulses to the heart making it pound faster than normal; this results in increased blood supply to the body, improved circulation and efficient working of all organs.