1.Some Stores will refund the difference of an item drops in price soon after you purchase it. Get the Earny app or paribus app to find and claim refunds.
2. Free credit reports: – Visit Annualcreditreport.com once a year to request your score from each of the three credit reporting companies, Equifax, TransUnion and Experian
3. Reimbursed ATM fees: – Most online banks and some traditional bans will reimburse you for the fees incurred when you use another banks ATM. That can save you up to $4.68 (this is for the usA not so sure about Australian banks. Will give it a try though)
4. Mortgage magic: – A 30 year $300,000 Mortgage at 4 percent costs $1,432 a month. If you pay $716 every two weeks you can cut interest payments by $34,000 over the life of the loan
5. Get free books:- You can download nearly 60,000 public domain e-books, including many classics and favorites at gutenberg.org. Save $3 – $10 per e-book
Have been to Joel’s church a few times and found the music wonderful and his sermons very uplifting. Because I am a distance away I don’t go that often but I should. I also have read and given away some of his early books which also have been very helpful for myself and others. Just sayin.
The Power of Favor
1.Cost Estimator: Repairpal.com gives free quotes for car repairs and recommends competent repair shops.
2. The cheapest gas day of the week: In 29 States in the US are to be bought on Monday according to GasBuddy.com You can save up to $30 a year.
3. Older driver course: AARP offers a driver course and you may save about $100 per year on your car insurance. I notice Whitefish High school does as well.
4. Outside airport for Car Rentals: Choose a location near the airport for a rental car. Not at the Airport. Go to Autoslash.com to track your reservation and apply deals and coupons
5. Humanesociety.org – For a list of programs offering assistance with pet expenses. Search for “affording your pet” on the site
This is an article from the website of Dr Mercola which I thought was very interesting. Organic Apples are the winner here, not so much a conventionally grown apple that has fungicide and insecticide sprayed on them.
Not a fan of yogurt? This is a way to get your probiotic necessary for that healthy digestive system
- Apples’ antioxidant power is contained in the peel. However, recent research shows the core of the apple contains plenty of beneficial bacteria (probiotics)
- A typical apple contains about 100 million bacteria. ORGANIC APPLES have far greater diversity compared to conventional apples, and contain higher amounts of bacteria that enhance flavor
- Organic apples were the only ones found to contain Lactobacilli, bacteria that break down sugars associated with healthy digestion, robust immune function and even mental health
- Conventional apples (non organic) were found to contain Escherichia coli and Shigella — two Enterobacteriaceae species associated with foodborne illness, as both produce potent shigatoxin. Neither of these species was found in organic apples
- Bacterial colonization of fruit begins at pollination, and the ultimate composition of a fruit’s microbiota is actually influenced by the microbial community found in the pollen
This article is well worth reading.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
- Get dental work for a fraction of the cost from dentist – supervised students. Go to ada.org and click on dental schools. The federal government also offers help. Go to nidcr.nih.gov then search “findings dental care”
2. A survey found that if you haggle the price of hearing aids with certain retail businesses you may be able to save. One survey found about half of the 14% who haggled got a better deal. Sometime you can save over 1,000 dollars buying online. I promote of course to buy from the retailer to support them and employment.
3. Apply for free meds:- Go to the partnership for prescription assistance pparx.org . Patients that qualify save hundreds of dollars.
4. Be a house sitter:- The site trustedhousesitters.com Matches those sho need their pets and homes watched. Another site to go to for more information on this is SecretBlogger.com
5. Discount for Train rides:- Amtrak cuts 10% off most fares for riders 62 plus. Via rail Canada offers 10% off adult fares for travelers over 60