Did You Know about the Smartphone Health Traps.
I did not until now. Some make me laugh some are quite serious
1. This one kinda made me laugh. According to the UK’s Durham University 40% of couple surveyed delayed having sex so they could interact with their smartphones or tablets. Other participants reported having raced through sex they could check their various social media feeds
2. Phone Elbow – Holding our phone to our ears causes decreased blood flow to our elbow. Pressure to this area can damage the cubital tunnel a channel which allows the ulnar nerve (funny bone) to travel over the elbow and down to your hands. The solution to this is to use a hands free headset.
3.Text Neck – Our heads weigh four to five Kilo and angled about 30 degrees while reading a smartphone it increases the head weight to about 18kg’s putting an increase of pressure on the neck.
Rachael Lancaster of Freedom back Clinics in the UK suggests taking screen breaks and looking straight ahead while tucking the chin towards the neck every few minutes. Rotating the shoulders with your arms by you sides can also help but sitting up straight while texting and holding the phone a little higher is your best bet.
4. A study done by a University of Waterloo in Canada found that the less time we spend on our phones the better the powers of cognition and analytical skills become. suggestion to alleviate this is use your memory power first before heading of to the Google site.
5. Cancer – Apparently according to ‘The Victorian Government better health channel’ the current international consensus is that mobile phones don’t cause cancer or promote the growth of existing tumors. This is probably arguable by some institutions or groups but who am I to disagree.
Source courier Sunday Mail newspaper Australia
Closeup of Cocoa Powder on spoon.
1. Cocao is the ‘In’ thing. According to the news site Ozy.com Fancy cocktails and illicit substances are not so ‘Hip’ anymore. The party goers are opting for a healthier solution to get that ‘High’. Those looking for that lift across the globe are drinking eating and even snorting the sweet stuff while getting their groove on to the music.
According to Ozy.com at a monthly dance party in Berlin, cocoa is mixed with hone, cinnamon and agave syrup and offered in vats to the revellers.Cacao pills are also being popped at substance-free gigs in London and New York. In Belgium you can take a whiff of powdered chocolate mixed with ginger, raspberry and mint.
You may ask why? – Cacao boosts serotonin, releases endorphins, relaxes muscles and stimulates the brain.
Source – Body and Soul – Sunday Mail Australia – July 10
2. Eating Fat will not make you put on weight – A new study published in the journal the “Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology found that people following a diet high in healthy fats lost more weight than those who reduced their fat intake overall.
This of course is nothing new but is still hard for people to understand how this works and of course still gets sucked in to the ‘Fat Free’ advertising. Let loose guys it tastes good too.
There is an exception avoid the pork belly and provolone as they are not considered the good fat.
That is sad as they are two of my favorite foods.
3. 50% of Australians don’t know how to pronounce quinoa correctly. I bet that figure is the same in most countries. They figure 16% say “Kin-oa” and 9 % who say “Key-noa” think it is the correct way. If you have read this article then you will know next time you are asked it is “Keen-wah”. Don’t ask me how they get that out of that word but that is why the english language is so hard to learn. I am glad I don’t have to learn it.
4. The best part of our fruit and vegetables are thrown away. Studies now show that you should be eating those cores, skins, stalks because nutritionally they are the best parts.
5. Signs that you are a “Worry Wart” are disturbed sleep patterns – Falling ill while on holidays – Moodiness, such as anger, or sadness – you have become a perfectionist and fear failure.
In 5 steps you can worry less
1. A trigger is forecasting something negative. You are worrying about something that does not even exist yet and never will. When this happens to you say to yourself that “Worry does not help and is imaginary”. If you say it enough it will help.
2. Be aware when this worry thing kicks in. You feel a panic come over your body, your breathing becomes shallow, you frown, you become tense. If you are listening to your body you can do something about it. Breathe deep and exhale slow and be mindful of how your body is reacting to worry.
3. Challenge the accuracy of your information. Share it with a professional. Try to be in the present and be aware of the beautiful things around you. Enjoy the moment.
4. Cortisol is the fuel for worry. Keep it low. Exercise, eat well and get plenty of sleep if you can.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Try to be very clear on your purpose in life and don’t let the media, tv, or a negative friend influence your thoughts. I know from experience that a negative friend can be very draining so try to change the subject from anything that is not a positive though and have a laugh its the best remedy for anything.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
I watched a video on Facebook the other day
It got me thinking and found it annoying in a way
It was a young man expounding about having no regrets, do the things you desire
Get all those regrets out of the way before you expire
My thoughts on this is while you are expiring – regrets are the last on your mind
Is it about not saying sorry or jumping from a plane, or that invitation you should not have declined
If you did not go surfing or play that guitar, or anything I did not mention
Apologize to someone, irrational and unforgiving you can be sure you had no intention
Nothing will change because you could have taken the opportunity but you did not
So I do not believe in regrets, its of no use, it just gets you stressed and for what?
Would it help? I don’t think so, if you are honest you were never going too I bet
Your life is and was – what it is and was, If you have not achieved something don’t make it a regret
This is the recipe for Molton cheese Cored Bacon Burger Dogs. Yummy.
Just received this via email from a friend. I laughed my Arse off.
If you’ve ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this
Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.
On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, “How much money do you make a week?”
A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, “I make £250 a week. Why?”
The CEO said, “Wait right here.” He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy £1,000 in cash and said, “Here’s four weeks’ pay. Now GET OUT and don’t come back.”
Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, “Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?”
From across the room a voice said, “Pizza delivery guy from Domino’s.”
- Interesting fact. There is a question and answer on Reddit which will answer why clouds don’t fall from the sky when they weigh this much.
2. For more factual information on pandas go to Random Facts
It’s not just certain cities in Alaska that will pay you to live there, it’s the whole state. The state of Alaska developed the Permanent Fund Dividend which essentially pays residents of Alaska to permanently live there. Investment earnings on Alaskan mineral royalties are paid to Alaska residents. It is an annual payment, and the state feels that it is an investment in their current population as well investing in future generations in hopes that they stay in Alaska. To be eligible for the dividend, you need to have lived in Alaska for one year, not be a convicted felon and be present in Alaska for at least 190 days in a calendar year. Source
More on the Story
The man himself explains it all.
1. Turmeric can help protect against Aluminum Toxicity.
Aluminum can destroy the endocrine system and lead to widespread hormonal imbalance (especially when it’s absorbed through the lymph system) if it accumulates beyond a certain level. It’s even been linked with breast cancer, prostate cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities are well-known. By neutralizing both chronic inflammation and oxidative stress—two of the greatest inhibitors of the body’s natural detoxification functions—turmeric helps protect against the negative effects of aluminum and other heavy metals.
2. To figure out how much water you should drink daily. Halve your body weight – If you are 54 kilos you should drink 2.7 liters a day.
3. Legend has it that tea was discovered accidentally. About 5,000 years ago when the Chinese Emperor witnessed leaves blow from a near by bush into a pot of boiling water.
Anyway both Black and Green tea prevent the breakdown of Acetylcholine a chemical found to be lacking in the brain of those with Alzhiemer’s disease. Green tea is found to contain l-theanine an amino acid which increases the activity of dopamine and the alpha waves of the brain.
4. Warm feet. They say that 30% of woman’s likelihood of achieving orgasm will be if her feet are warm. This is information from researchers from the Netherlands. So go buy some fancy bedsocks guys .
5. Keep a potted ‘Peace Lily’ on your desk. A NASA study showed this plant was the most effective at removing airborne toxins especially in the office to ward of all those office place germs. Interesting I thought.