I love watching these video’s. Something about them that is inspiring. The music in this video is great also.
Tag Archives: Red
1. Use cupcake cases to cover drinks glasses in the summer and prevent flies from dropping in. I need to do this with my wine glass because you can be sure, if you are outside and you need to go do something when you come back there is a fly in your red wine. They love it.
2. Use bulldog clips to keep stacked bottles in place in the fridge
3. Another way to clean a chopping board is to cover liberally with
Kosher salt and leave overnight. Scrape off with a cloth in the
morning to find the salt has absorbed all moisture to leave your board clean and dry.
4. This has to be the simplest way to open those annoying blister packs!
5. Use a cut potato to easily remove a broken light bulb
6. Use chalk to remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub white
chalk on the affected area and wash as normal – the chalk will absorb
the grease and be washed away in the cycle.
I remember this day it was almost 10 years ago
I had red hair, new boobs, that’s how I know
My friend Cindy she passed away 2 days ago, in the night
Beautiful Cindy, pure delight, God Why? It is so not right
I am trying not to weep but the tears just flow
She would not want sadness, they say she is at peace, I know, I know
But my heart hurts and I cannot help that choking feeling
She wont be there when I get back to Australia, that’s what I am dealing
Outrigger Paddling she loved and that’s how we met
Some curly-headed mates in the picture above, we all had fun you bet
She loved the freedom the feeling of the ocean
She was talented, creative, her family, her devotion
She leaves behind Grandchildren who will not know her as we knew
But I know she has left them things to remember, as she bid adieu
Well Cindy, you have passed, and our lives move forward in great stride
Till we meet again for sure on the other side
When I get back to Australia I will buy a bottle of champagne for two
Will sit in your beautiful garden by the pool and drink it just me and you
1. Research has shown that coconut oil or sesame oil swished around your mouth for 20 minutes a day reduce gum disease. Apparently it is an ancient Indian remedy used to ‘Pull’ bacteria from the mouth. I practice it, but only for a couple of minutes, 20 minutes may be a bit of a push for me. It is said to help whiten your teeth.
2. A lobsters blood is colorless but when exposed to oxygen it turns blue.’ Tomalley‘ is the lobster’s liver. It turns green when cooked and is considered a delicacy. ‘Coral‘ is the red colored material and is the egg mass of a female lobster. Cooking colors the tiny eggs a deep coral or red.
3. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlscent substance found in fish scales. Lip colouring started to gain some popularity in 16th century England. During the time of Queen Elizabeth I bright red lips and a stark white face became fashionable.
4. There is a new device to help prevent migraines. It is called Cefaly, it electrically zaps nerves in the forehead that are thought to be linked to the source of the debilitating headaches. They say at least 36 million Americans suffer from these headaches. Cefaly is positioned on the forehead using an adhesive electrode. Precise impulses are produced, which act on the trigeminal nerve in order to reduce pain and prevent migraine attacks.
5. Did you know that in warmer weather, tires lose air at a higher rate, reducing gas mileage and decreasing their life span. I also causes battery failure so make sure you top off the fluid and clean corrosion from the terminals and make sure the cables are tightly connected. When possible always park your car in the shade. These are good tips for those of us that lives in Texas.
Today is going to be a ‘Did You Know’ about some health research. Most of it via Dr Oz.
Because the way the body works, nutritionally if you eat less of something the more you will eat of something else. That is why you need a balanced nutritional diet.
1. Coffee is America’s No 1 anti Oxidant. “Americans get more of their antioxidants from coffee than any other dietary source” – Words from Joe Vinson, Ph.D., a chemistry professor
2. Red Potatoes have more antioxidants that any other Potato. The skins have as much as 10 to 12 times the amount of antioxidants as the flesh. These antioxidant levels should encourage people to eat more red-skinned potatoes.
3. Anger, stress, anxiety is the major cause of chronic back pain according to Dr David Hanscom. His words”Pain is a perception – nothing more, nothing less. Understanding pain allows you to gain control of your care. Freedom from pain is not possible – with the right tools it is probable.”
4. 1 to 1 of epsom salts and Hair conditioner is great for your hair, gives it a shine and volumizes your hair and it feels soft. (I tried it and it is great). Go to wellnessmama to find 21 more uses for epsom salts.
5. With new studies it has been found that saturated fats are not bad for your heart as has been with previous opinions. Throw away the recipe for egg white omelets and use the whole egg. I actually watched this information on Dr Oz and I have read information on this subject for years so am in total agreement. Kick the sugar that is your killer.
Amazing Breakfast Muffin Cups made with hash browns, sausage, eggs, Mexican blend cheese and red pepper.
3 cups shredded hash browns, thawed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1⁄8 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1 12-ounce package breakfast sausage links
2 cups shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Fresh chives or green onions, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of greased muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Meanwhile, cook sausage according to package directions; cut into ?-inch pieces. Divide sausage among muffin cups.
3. Combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon over sausage. Sprinkle with chives or green onions. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until set.
This week’s wine tasting offer is a 2-pack of wine from Bravium Winery. They taste great and they’re good for your health too.
Great wine at a special price: Buy these two bottles of wine at the preferred price, plus get an extra 10% off with the - check-out coupon code: SCB10
When a winemaker puts this much attention on delivering blends with distinction, it’s time to take notice. Our Sommellier took immediate notice. We all know that the goal of blending wine made in different vintages is more to balance out the flavor characteristics. With Lucky II and White Wedding II, we can only say, “mission accomplished.”
Why We Love It
You won’t find a better wine value anywhere! You’ll be ready for any party or food pairing with these versatile, proprietary white and red wines! White Wedding compliments salad, appetizers, fish and chicken while Lucky is your go to BBQ, pizza, red meat wine. Most of the fruit in these wines comes from Napa, making the price unparalleled. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these wines support Sip&Give, Bravium winemaker Derek Rohlffs social media charitable giving tool. Sip&Give features a roster of worthy charities that are funded based upon your input. Put simply, Bravium makes wine, you drink wine, and together, we sip and give.