Christmas day is fast approaching and if you have not done all your shopping you may want to look a these options as you are not only giving a great gift you are helping others.
Here are some of the gifts you may like to purchase.
1. Jewelry – projecthavehope.org - They sell bangles made out of recyclable paper and 100 percent of the proceeds go to women in Uganda. I have one of these and they are very attractive. Amazing actually you would never know they are made out of paper.
2. Hat – unicefusa.org – Apparently 15c of the proceeds of these warm winter hats go to this charity which provides vaccines and clean water all over the world.
3. bags – www.feedprojects.com – Order a beneficial bag for just $30. A portion of the proceeds will provide a child in need with five school lunches.
FEED Projects, was actually co-founded by Lauren Bush and to date they have provided over 66 million meals.”
They are also available at Lord and Taylor.
4. Sunglasses – toms.com – Check out the Classic 301 sunglasses for $145. For every pair sold, Toms will provide eye care to a person in need.
5. A Tree – peopletowels.com – Looking for a ‘green’ gift? Look no further than Seeds of Change. A tree gift set, costing $20, will plant 10 trees and your recipient gets to plant one too.This organization works with Trees for the Future, a non-profit that has been helping communities around the world plant trees
6. Sneakers – www.converse.com – buy a pair of savvy sneakers at Converse for $50 and a portion of the proceeds goes to RED the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. This was started by BONO