Tag Archives: Facebook
3 T Butter
1 T Shallot Minced
3-4 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Lemon, Zested
12 oz. Pale Ale or your favorite beer
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
2 lbs. Mussels
A Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
Lemon Wedges, To Serve
Crusty Bread, for dipping
1. Rinse, debeard, and scrub your mussels well. Drain and set aside.
2. In a deep skillet or pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Sauté the shallots and garlic until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add red pepper flakes to taste.
4. Add in the mussels and the beer. Cover and cook just until the mussels open up.
5. Turn off the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, top with fresh lemon zest, chopped parsley, lemon wedges and pieces of toasted crusty bread.
I found this picture very powerful and In my opinion we need to realize these boys and girls need a lot more support than they are getting from their country when they come home. Again in my opinion we do not need to send these boys or girls to any more worn torn countries, their problems will never be solved by us as it all stems from Biblical times that will continue for centuries.
We need our soldiers home to protect our country not anyone else’s – Just sayin.
I am sure that all of us with children feel his sadness and pain.
A friend of a friend, posted this picture of a military dad waiting to board his flight, trying to say goodbye to his newborn daughter. Made me hug my kids a little longer, and made me fill with gratitude for the incredible sacrifices our military members make.
Hit “like” if you are also grateful for all they do for our freedom! — with Daniel Joe Sam.