Tag Archives: Facebook
3 T Butter
1 T Shallot Minced
3-4 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 Lemon, Zested
12 oz. Pale Ale or your favorite beer
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
2 lbs. Mussels
A Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
Lemon Wedges, To Serve
Crusty Bread, for dipping
1. Rinse, debeard, and scrub your mussels well. Drain and set aside.
2. In a deep skillet or pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Sauté the shallots and garlic until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add red pepper flakes to taste.
4. Add in the mussels and the beer. Cover and cook just until the mussels open up.
5. Turn off the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. To serve, top with fresh lemon zest, chopped parsley, lemon wedges and pieces of toasted crusty bread.