1. The Dalai Lama eats meat every other day. He has been quoted to say ” I’m a Tibetan Monk, not a vegetarian”
2. A scientist allowed 78 bees, wasps and ants sting him to produce a pain index. He described the bullet ants sting as like fire – walking over flaming charcoal with a 3 inch rusty nail grinding into your heel
3. Leo Fender, the inventor of Fender Guitars never knew how to play the guitar
4. If every muscle in your body could pull in one direction, you could lift nearly 25 tons
5. During prohibition, solid grape concentrate was sold with a message ” After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days because it will then turn into wine
18 Rules of Living
by the Dalai Lama
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s: 1. Respect for self 2. Respect for others 3. Responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.