1. Refrigerating apples can help them last up to 10 times longer than those left at room temperature.
Amongst other things Apples have other beneficial nutrients called quercetin. This nutrient has the potential to prevent many types of cancers such as breast cancer and lung cancer. It’s extremely good at fighting off free radicals in your body that cause you to prematurely age. On top of slowing the aging process down, it also can prevent age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
2. According to ‘Healthy You’ article in the AARP magazine an Australian study found muscles recover faster after strenuous exercise if you top off your post-workout meal with several cups of ‘caffeinated’ coffee.
Florida researchers found three cups of caffeinated coffee a day may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia in older people with mild cognitive impairment.
Study by AARP of 400,000 older adults showed that regular coffee drinkers were less likely to die from all causes than non- drinkers were
Very interesting don’t you agree. I love these results as it makes it more pleasurable to be drinking something that is good for you
3. More than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentine’s day
For you information also it is said that a daily square of dark chocolate can reduce heart attack risk by 39%
4. Be kind to your nose because vigorous nose blowing can actually push mucus from the nose up into the sinuses, increasing a cold’s severity and also can lead to a secondary sinus infection according to the University of Virginia researchers
5. Washing your hands for 20 seconds before rinsing can prevent the spread of Flu by 50%. It is said just 5%of americans wash their hands the proper way.