This is an example of some of the things to consider when you are trying to unclutter your life of possessions.
1. Especially clothes- stay away from bargains. Just because it appears cheap dont buy it. You probably dont need it.
2. Stay away from more plastic containers. If everytime you open your cupboard door and plastic containers fall out. You need to throw away some and do not need to buy anymore tupperware or such like.
3. Draw full of makeup and creams?. I know it is tempting to try out the new line of make up. Dont do it you probably have about 6 different types of make up in your draw. Bit the bullet and use them all up before you buy more. Lipsticks the same. You know you have lipsticks that you can use already so dont do the new color just yet. Use it or throw it make a choice.
4. Emotional possessions. Those concert magazines, tickets or menu’s, your favorite memorabilia , you probably will never look at them, they may be of antique value to your grandchildren but not you. Right now you are the one getting organized so give them away or chuck.
5. Have a “to do” pile. One for clothes. Rather than dumping your clothes that need dry cleaning or mending all over the place have a dump zone so that you can find them easily when you have got yourself organised to do that specific job and you are not racing all over the house looking for those articles to be cleaned or mended.
6.Have a tidy and declutter day of the week. I do mine on sunday so that I am organised for the week ahead.
7. Go through your clothers twice a year. Once beginning of winter to rid yourself of Summer clothes you did not wear that summer and at the beginning of Summer get rid of the winter clothes that you did not wear that winter. “DONTATE”
8. Miscellaneous – If you have a box or a pile of stuff that are called your miscellaneous then the chances are they can be scrapped. The have no use. You probably have a draw in the Kitchen like that where all the miscellaneous” stuff” get put.The bathroom is another place that probably could do with re organising and clearing out cupboards and draws Do a clean up.
9. Ask a Friend - If you are doing a clean up ask your friend to come over offer her a glass of wine or beer as the case may be and just sit there and say” chuck or save”. They often can be more objective.
10. De clutter your car. It is so nice to get into a clean car. Often if you are busy you seem to accumulate a lot of junk in your car. Have a day, say once a month when you clean your car inside and out.
You will find the more organized you are the better you feel. Everything seems to run smoother and you meet challenges with a clear head and more focused. O
Other places that sometimes could do with a tidy and being more organized is the entrance to your home, your gardens and lawns, the garage, it all helps your mind, body and soul .