Never book a premium hotel room or luxury car – unless it’s a very special occasion and you are worried about availability. Instead, save money by reserving a standard room or car and then asking for a free upgrade upon arrival. You can even get on-site upgrades on discounted rooms.
Tag Archives: car
The Elio Gets 84 Miles Per Gallon
My Friend sent me this today via Facebook and I thought to myself “How True” and that they are words for thought.
On the other hand I am so glad that I am still wishing to be thinner, have a new car, and of course more money. We can never have too much of that.
I have a dear friend that is fighting ovarian cancer at the moment and has been to ‘Hell and Back’. I believe she is going to make it but I am not sure that she does as she is now on her 3rd round of that poisonous Sh…. called Chemo. But she is crawling her way back and I believe her to be tougher than she thinks.
Love you Cindy
We have spent many years, months, days, minutes abusing our bodies in many different ways. Getting healthy is not going to happen overnight or in a week but its a start.
If you try to change your lifestyle a week at a time, well who knows miracles do happen, you could get to like it, mainly because you are going to actually feel better.
I don’t believe you have to give up all the good things you enjoy, but if you start out with these few things each day, for a week , you may like the results.
Sunday – Go buy a pedometer. they are not expensive and any sports store will have them – If you are able to walk at least 3000 steps a day you are on your way to better fitness according to the American Heart association
Monday – Take the stairs. This is an amazing way to improve your fitness, especially if you find you are out of breath just climbing one set of stairs. Find as many stairs as you can, allow yourself a few extra minutes to get to work so that you are able to take your time and not be late for work.
Tuesday – At the desk all day? – Do a little stretching when you can. Raise your hands above your head, squeeze that buttocks and pull that tummy in, move your head from side to side. With your feet on the ground raise your heels, feel the calves tighten, point your toes and move your feet in a circle one way then the other. Helps keep the body toned and helps the circulation in your legs
Thursday – Just because you are doing this extra exercise don’t even begin to think you can eat more. No No! Be very conscious of what you are eating. Great suggestion is – Stay to the perimeter of the grocery store. All the fresh stuff is usually around the outside of the store, such as meat and vegetables. All the tempting ‘not so good for you’ food is in the middle. Eat natural when you can.
Friday – Ok its the end of the week and you should be feeling good about yourself and you may be going for dinner or a few drinks with your friends or partner. Relax, and do what you enjoy but just don’t overdo it. Maybe only have one glass of wine instead of two and don’t order any bread, maybe stick to a salad (be careful of the dressing you have) and steak and enjoy each bite and good conversation.
All of these suggestions are really easy to do and you will be amazed that you may have lost a little weight or you are just feeling that little bit better than normal. What ever the case may be, none of these things can hurt you.
Not only will you save on medical bills because of better health you will save on grocery bills, maybe parking bills and your dog will be healthier.
“If you don’t do different nothing will change”
You may ask what this is all about. According to HLN this morning some AAA clubs are offering a Tipsy Tow Program
This service will get you and your drunk friend plus your car home for FREE on New Years Eve. (I think a good tip might be the right thing to do)
The Tipsy Tow Hotline number is: 1-800-AAA-HELP (222-4357)
This service is not available everywhere so I suggest you ring this number now to see if it will be available in your area.
You do not have to be a member. You can not make the excuse that you did not have the cab fare.
To be on the safe side though it might be a good idea to have one of your friends that are accompanying you, be a non drinker then you know for sure have a ride home.
To get more information got to: Tipsy Tow
I am not a lover of cold weather and in some cases your car feels the same.
It does not really matter how well maintained your vehicle is kept, there are times when it is very temperamental and does not want to start. This has happened to me many times over time.
Here are some tips if you turn the key in your car and nothing happens.
1. Take a deep breath – Relax. You are not going to make it in time to wherever you are going. Get used to that idea. That’s ok, there could be lots of reasons for that. Some people have missed a plane crash because they could not get to the airport on time. So tell yourself it could be a good thing. Now that you are feeling better lets look at the more practical things that could help your situation
2. When you turn the key – It just clicks or nothing then most likely in the cold weather it will be the battery.
3. Did you leave the lights on? – The inside light left on will flatten a not so healthy battery by morning. Left the headlights on? Yes that will do it.
4. Battery connections – Give the battery connections a wiggle. Loose? Get out the screwdriver and tighten the connection. Give the key another turn, see if that will do the trick.
5. Corroded connection – Check for corrosion on the connection. If it looks like it could be, give it a light brushing to clean it up. Try to start it again.
6. Jump Start – Not all vehicles can be jumped started. Read your owner’s manual, first. Your manufacturer may advise against jump starting a vehicle due to sensitive electronic circuitry.
7. Frozen Battery – Don’t try to jump-start it while it is frozen
8. Check Battery – If you see that it is cracked or leaking Do Not try to jump-start it. You need to go buy a new one or get a tow truck to take your car to a repair shop.
9. Dry battery – Check to see if the battery has fluid inside. If it is dry then you will have to fill it to the fluid levels. There is a caution here though as batteries usually need pure clean water. You need to check with your manual.
10. Sparking connections – If you are jump starting the vehicle make sure the hook up clamps do not touch. You could have a fireworks display that could be a bit scary
11. Tow Truck – Still not able to start it then you may have a more serious problem like a bad starter or alternator. I think you are going to need a tow truck.
THE CAR CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START
If the starter turns, but the engine won’t start, the problem can be much harder to diagnose. One common problem is a frozen fuel line. In the winter, be sure to always keep your fuel tank half full. If water accumulates in your fuel line, the condensation will freeze and your car won’t start. If you’ve been driving in wet conditions or deep snow, wet spark plugs or other engine components can prevent your car from starting.
Here are some items you should always carry in your car in case of emergencies
The deepest part of the ocean is 35,813 feet (10,916 meters) deep and occurs in the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean. At that depth the pressure is 18,000 pounds (9172 kilograms) per square inch.
A car traveling at 80 km/h uses half its fuel to overcome wind resistance.
The female Tarantula Hawk wasp paralyzes a large spider with her sting. She then lays her eggs on the motionless body so that her developing young have a fresh supply of spider meat to feed on.
Scientists have discovered that copper pollution of the atmosphere occurred about 2500 years ago. This was discovered by analyzing ice cores from Greenland. The pollution was attributed to the Romans who used copper for military purposes and to produce coins.
There is enough fuel in a full tank of a Jumbo Jet to drive an average car four times around the world.
As an adult, you have more than 20 square feet of skin on your body–about the same square footage as a blanket for a queen-sized bed.
There are 60,000 miles (97,000 km) in blood vessels in every human.
Buy your car at the end of the month
Car dealers sum up their sales at the end of the month. The more they sell that month the better they look. They could be desperate to get a sale to make their numbers look a whole lot better.