Tag Archives: BREAKFAST
Well arrived back in Houston on Sunday and must say it is good to be back. Rode my new Harley Fat Bob (‘Robert’), a few adjustments need doing such as new pipes, the stock ones are just far too quiet. Have to say ‘Robert’ is pretty beautiful and cant wait for the weekend (hopefully no rain) to go for a long ride.
The weather has been fantastic so far. I have been in the bikini sun baking an hour or so by the pool for the last 2 days getting my quota of Vitamin D and recuperating from 20 hours of traveling with 16 of that in the air.
Have you had breakfast? If not this is a cute idea to present scrambled eggs and rice the the kids.
I use these superfood daily.
1. Lemons – First thing in the morning (around 5am) I squeeze a little lemon juice in a cup warm water and drink this before I head off to the gym. I will also squeeze a little in my water bottle which I consume at the gym.
2. Avocado - I have avocado at least 5 times a week. Sometimes for breakfast. Toast, avocado, spinach then Poached egg on top sprinkled with a little cheese. In the evening, with dinner I always have a salad which includes one half of an avocado.
3. Ginger - I sometimes grate a little fresh Ginger into my lemon drink in the mornings. It is aromatic and also if your stomach is not feeling happy it can sooth it. I will often grate a little ginger into my salad in the evening (not too much). It is also great in a marinade of Soya sauce, honey, and grated ginger. Soak your steak in it for at least an hour before cooking. Delicious.
4. Coconut - I put coconut oil on my body after a shower. Keeps the skin hydrated and is good for the health of your body. Makes a great lubricant.
Did You know
1. According to US Scientist, Dr Joe Vinson Popcorn has twice as many antioxidants as fruit. Dr Vinson found that one serving of PLAIN, AIR POPPED popcorn ( 3 cups) will provide 70% of your daily whole grain needs and a good amount of fibre. He is not recommending replacing fruit but I guess it takes away that guilty feeling when you eat it. Remember Plain not buttered.
8. Every known dog has a pink tongue except the ‘Chow’. The tongue of the Chow is jet black
We had this for breakfast this morning. Probably not as healthy as this one as I had no spinach in the fridge but I did replace the spinach with left over potatoes. Hmm, I know it may not be good for the figure as I did fry them crispy in olive oil. Tasted delicious though and after all it is the holidays and we will work it off at the gym next year.
In my book “Simply Fantastic: Living Better on Less” I write about many ways you are able to have a cheap family day out.
As I have mentioned I am back in Australia for a few months and this is a typical Sunday morning for my Australian family. My two sons and my Grandchildren Jayden and Mika.
These days I treasure. It is an example of a very cheap day out but one with good memories.
Jamin Is cooking pancakes
Jono is taking the picture. As you can see we have a great time and lots laughs.
Jono and Jayden fooling around on the beach
This is a picture of Mooloolaba beach. It is a gorgeous morning but a little chilly.
Mika Is finding some interesting subject in the sand
I love this.