- Make that effort to stop buying Junk food: A study from the University of Miami revealed that you are more likely to buy junk food when you are buying for the family or friends. Scientists found people stocking up for themselves tend to buy healthy food but when we shop for others we tend to go for the junk food. To solve this make a list together with the family of the food that they want. That is the time to make better choices and say no to junk food. Then stick to the list.
- Extend the battery life of your smartphone:
Battery busters: Social networking, apps and e-mail. The are generally set to auto-update: reducing the frequency can increase battery life by up to 50%Bluetooth, Wifi, and GPS are also always searching, draining power. Turn them off when not needed.
Store it in area of the best reception. Keep the phone there as phones drain energy as they look for better signals. Do not leave it in the car as battery life degrades in temperatures above 113 F.
Source: Tim Pettitt and Ken Colburn of Nokia and Data Doctors computer services
- Save At The Office: Power Down.
- Printing machines
- Air-conditioner: set it to come on in the morning before or around the time people come to work. This will reduce your electricity bills.
When you leave your office in the evenings make sure you turn all the items I have mentioned “OFF”. You will be amazed how much you will save on your next electricity bill.
4. Re – Negotiate your lease:
- If you have too much office space and you are not using some of it you may be able to re – negotiate your lease and be able to re – lease your un-used space to another business.
- You should look at finding smaller office space and cheaper rent.
You will find many more tips and stratagies from Simply Fantastic: Living Better On Less