I consider this only a small OOPS! if you are breaking that New Years resolution. Because it is Low Fat! and Low Cal!. Well thats what they say, I guess if you eat the whole cake it is still going in the mouth and probably the rest of the year on the hips.
Oh Well life is too short. Hmmm 16 slices in this cake. For me that is pushing it, more like 8 slices, but that is just me. If I am going to be naughty I will be naughty in a big way. Anyway it looks delicious and worth a try and if you are stronger than me you will eat it 1/16th at a time.
Cheesecake for Chocolate Lovers
How to make a low-cal, low-fat version of chocolate cheesecake
By Lori Longbotham , Lori Longbotham is a cookbook author; her latest is Luscious Chocolate Desserts.
OUR SOLUTION HAS:
62% fewer calories
80% less sat fat
53% less sugar
than a traditional recipe
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
WORK TIME: 25 MINUTES / TOTAL TIME: 1 1/2 HOURS + COOLING AND CHILLING TIMES / SERVINGS: 16
A MIXTURE OF REDUCED-FAT AND FAT-FREE CREAM CHEESE CREATES MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH TEXTURE WITHOUT SATURATED FAT OVERLOAD.
1 pkg (9 oz) chocolate wafer cookies
1/4 c 50-50 butter blend spread, melted
7 oz semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 c)
2 pkg (8 oz each) fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
1 pkg (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), at room temperature
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3 lg eggs, at room temperature
1. HEAT oven to 325°F. Spray nonstick 9″ spring-form pan with oil. Set on sheet of heavy-duty foil and wrap it up pan’s sides.
2. GRIND wafers in food processor to fine crumbs. Set aside 1/4 cup. With processor running, add spread. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake until set, about 12 minutes.
3. BOIL a kettle of water. Melt chips in microwave per package directions.
4. BEAT cheeses with electric mixer on medium speed. Add sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and salt. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in chocolate.
5. POUR over crust. Set in roasting pan, place in oven, and pour in boiling water to reach halfway up sides of cheesecake pan. Bake until center is almost set but still a bit jiggly, about 40 minutes. (Cheesecake will firm as it cools.)
6. CRACK oven door open with handle of wooden spoon. Leave cake in turned-off oven 1 hour. Remove from oven, take cake from water, and cool. Remove foil. Run knife around edge of cake and chill at least 8 hours.
7. SPRINKLE reserved cookie crumbs on top. Detach pan sides and smooth sides of cheese-cake with knife.
NUTRITION (per serving) 272 cal, 9 g pro, 32 g carb, 2 g fiber, 13.5 g fat, 7 g sat fat, 391 mg sodium.
FLAT BELLY CHOCOLATE
See 10 chocolate desserts that flatten your belly (honest!) at prevention.com/fbdchocolate.
“I really liked the rich texture and taste. I’ll definitely make this cheesecake for my chocoholic friends!” –Barbara
“When I get together with my girlfriends, I like to serve a chocolate dessert. Do you have a lightened-up recipe to satisfy our cravings?” –Barbara Curmaci-Mathews, Whitehall, PA