1. One number of the flight code was changed by a Brazilian airline after a psychic said an aircraft using that code would crash. A little Superstitious I would say.
2. Now this does not surprise me. There is a 10% rise in demand in the US for nose jobs created by selfie phenomenon, as patients go in search of the picture perfect look
3. Now this is a piece of useless information. 17 is the number of perfumes released by Paris Hilton. Told ya. Your saying “Who Cares”
4. 25.5 is the number of acres in the world’s biggest corn maze that is to be downsized after too many people had to call police after getting lost.
5. Common to certain dogs, cattle and rabbits they have what they call a ‘dewlap’ which is a longitudinal flap of neck skin. Oh I think I have one too.
Today I recieved the most beautiful bunch of flowers from my husband who I love a lot
It is our wedding anniversary, how good am I, I bloody forgot
With all that has been happening it slipped my mind
A wonderful person, sure i’ll be forgiven, a better man I would not find
In Canada’s winters cold, well actually the summer is the same way
We married 12 years ago this very day
Those years have been fun and lots of laughs have passed
Travelled thousands of miles on our Harleys, sometimes slow often fast
Please forgive me Dave for not remembering this day
I think it is time I slowed down and got back to just play
Thats what I am good at and you are good at that too
Just to hug and to hold because I love you
I do love you at lot
I am sorry I bloody forgot
Now this is good to know because I am so bad at this. I so like to remember peoples names that I have met and embarrassed when I don’t.
Here is a few handy hints.
When you meet someone new at a party mostly their name just slips from your mind.
There is usually no harm in asking them to repeat it and these tips will ensure you won’t need to.
1. When you first hear their name, repeat it. Use it in a question or check you’ve got it right. saying it out loud early on will help you commit it to memory.
2. Experts say a good trick is to make a verbal or visual association. Picture the persons name written on their forehead, or use a rhyme (Big-shot Scott) or alliteration (slurring Scott) to make it memorable.
3. The key factor is your attitude. The main reason we forget a name is because we’re distracted, or not actually very interested in learning it. So if you make a conscious decision to try and remember someone’s name, chances are you will.
4. Another way of finding out someones name,(Use this method many times) that you have forgotten is always say to your friends that if you don’t introduce them to someone its because you cannot remember their name.
I tell my friends to say ” My name is ……….. you need to excuse my friends manners and yours is?”
Thats a win win as you get to find out their name without having to embarrassingly ask them. You should know and your friend will not get annoyed with you thinking they are not important enough to be introduced to that person.
1. A new study looked at whether America’s thirst for soda speeds up how the body’s cells age.
Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco used a sample of 5300 healthy adults. Dr. Elissa Epel worked on the study for 5 years.
“We think we can get away with drinking lots of soda as long as we are not gaining weight, but this suggests that there is an invisible pathway that leads to accelerated aging, regardless of weight,” said Dr. Epel.
Epel’s team discovered that in people who drank more sugar-sweetened beverages, the ends of their chromosomes, known as telomeres, were shorter.
The shorter the telomere, the less a cell can regenerate thus aging the body, and raising the risk of disease and early death.
“This finding is alarming because it suggest that soda may be aging us, in ways we are not even aware of,” said Dr. Epel.
Researchers found no link in cell aging, however, when drinking diet sodas and fruit juices.
Source – http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/10/18/ucsf-study-links-soda-to-premature-aging-disease-early-death/
2. Hey everyone should have one of these Loo’s
4. The top 10 driver distractions
b. Reading the newspaper (In the car? ok I believe them. Now thats got to be worse than texting)
c. Personal grooming. Putting on make-up, shaving. (yep seen it all)
d. Talking on mobile without hands free kit.
e. Changing the radio/ipod/MP3 player.
f. Using GPS or other navigational systems.
g. Eating while driving
h. children in the car
i. Billboards/outdoor advertising. (This I do find distracting)
j. Young Men with no shirts on while exercising, like running (Hmmm very indeed). Had to add that one.
5. Did you know there is an old wives tale that says if you put a cork in the bed it will help you reduce leg cramps. Apparently it works. Maybe its the bottle of wine you drink first.
This cute baby mop suit lets your child crawl and help out around the house at the same time.
Use a shoe caddy to hold snacks and activities during long car rides.
Help other people (and yourself) tell your twins apart with these tiny rompers.
Making sure your kids dress warmly can be quite the chore…But not when you have an awesome Knight’s Helmet that they’ll love.
Give them temporary tattoos in case they get lost during an outing.
Old lotion bottles can be used as faucet extenders until the little tykes aren’t so little anymore.
Never worry about losing them in public with these forget-met-not mittens
Cut a hole in a pacifier and stick a dropper in it to make taking medicine slightly less traumatizing.
Create a kid-sized hammock with some fabric and a table. This is a good one
If you’re super careful, a big cardboard box can be re-purposed into a stair slide.
Please forgive me Cindy for not being with you for not being there
I do miss you, our chats, your presence, our friendship, your talented flair
Not being there for your memorial and not your birthday
I feel disturbed I kinda let you down in a way
Your spirit will be with me and all that paths you have crossed
Your bravery, your strength, a great person we have lost
People come into your life for good reasons I declare
I was not there but ‘I Know You Know I Care’