I guess if you are on a diet this is not the sandwich for you. Looks pretty yummy to me and an easy snack.
1. Japan has the longest life expectancy in the world – 78.5 for Men and 85.5 for Women. This is mainly attributed to their traditional diet of fish, sea vegetables, rice and non genetically modified soy.
2. The intestine replaces its lining every 72 hours. The digestion system uses more energy that any other physiological process in the body so you need to consider the nutritional value of all that we eat.
3. Staying awake for over 17 hours impairs your brain functioning which is the same amount as having a blood alcohol content of .05%
4. Americans on average spend 5c per day flushing their toilets. (How interesting)
5. The Americans in 1962 blew up a hydrogen bomb in space that was 100 times more powerful than Hiroshima. This I know to be true as I was living in NZ at the time and it lit the sky up something fearful to say the least.
6. Einstein’s eyes are in a safe box in NYC. Have no idea why but maybe they will use the cells from his eyes one day for transplant. Who Knows.
I love the mornings, best time of the day
With a view like this it starts in a good way
At this time I was in NZ to see my Mum
And of course ‘Charlie’ her dog love her she is such fun
Christmas day is a great family tradition
Mutton on spit, motor broke down, turning by hand was the decision
About to leave NZ and go to Australia I call home
Take charlie for his last walk with me, no lead I just let him roam
Now back in Australia where the morning is a beach
I know, a long way from Houston that I miss, I wish my arms could reach
Ate too much at xmas so need to exercise to get fit
Boxing this morning tomorrow these steps, no time to sit
1. 24% Is the percentage by which purchases of empty calorie desserts, such as cakes, pastries, and doughnuts, dropped between 2005 and 2012 according to a US study
2. According to the Journal Positive Psychology ’11’ is the average number of weeks it takes for someone to get over a break-up.
3. According to a study published in the British Medical Journal, When you lose weight 84% of the fat lost turns into carbon dioxide and leaves the body through the lungs. The remaining 16% becomes water and leaves the body through sweat, tears and urine
4. Research shows that when a woman is most fertile her voice alters subtly and the change is enough to let a guy know its a great time for you to reproduce.
Its all down to hormonal changes that accompany a woman’s menstrual cycle. Research at James Madison University in the US involved study participants listening to recordings of women’s voices. It revealed an increase of 20% in electrical activity in participants skin and a 5 percent increase in heart rate, when a woman was at peak fertility. The changes took place within five seconds of hearing her voice, long before the listener was aware of it.
5. Danish scientists have discovered that those with blue eyes have just one ancestor. Apparently a genetic mutation took place somewhere between 6000 and 10,000 years ago that led to the existence of every blue eyed person walking on the planet today.
“Originally we all had brown eyes” University of Copenhagen professor Hans Eiberg says. “But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a ‘switch’ which literally turned off the ability to produce brown eyes”. The switch reduced melanin production in the iris, and DNA testing shows this happened at the same point for everyone with blue eyes, while people with brown or green eyes show a lot more variation in that part of their DNA